The primary purpose of this role is to manage the day-to-day operations of Lowe's workforce management programs. This position initiates and oversees high-visibility projects that impact store labor productivity and delivers analytics and project insights to executive leadership. This includes all aspects of financial planning for a multi-billion dollar expense, creating a store organizational design to deliver on strategic efforts, and managing WFM software applications to ensure stores are staffed to provide great customer experiences across 1,700+ stores.
- Recommends areas of opportunity for expense control and labor optimization to inform workforce management decisions made by business leaders in various functions.
- Delivers informed insights to key stakeholders on higher-impact, higher-visibility projects. Role will prepare presentation materials for executive leadership, identifying actionable insights and recommendations.
- Facilitates the implementation of strategic workforce management programs, leading cross-functional project teams to drive work to completion. Delivers project solutions to ensure that scheduling, employee self-service, timekeeping, absenteeism, workforce analytics, and labor scheduling are optimized to meet Lowe's long-term goals.
- Serves as a thought leader in terms of workforce management subject-matter expertise at Lowe's, incorporating industry trends to shape the organization's needs and capabilities of tomorrow.
- Works autonomously to navigate the organization with little guidance to represent evolving workforce management needs, staffing capabilities, and roadmap initiatives. Collaborates cross-functionally in regards to financial planning and/or technology solutions to provide insight into the best utilization of business resources.
- Manages all financial aspects of multi-billion dollar store payroll expense, including quarterly forecasts, annual operating plans, long-range plans, and department-level hours allocation to align with customer traffic patterns.
- Accountable for major projects involving store organizational design, scalability of key positions, labor optimization tests, and business case validation for productivity initiatives.
- Partner closely with HR to deliver on workforce management programs involving staff planning, proper mix of full-time/part-time labor, changes in wage & hour legislation, etc.
- Oversees in-depth analysis on labor allocation, including use of complex statistical models, engineered labor standards, and field operations input to develop recommendations for executive leadership.
- Leverage strong project management skills from initial inception, to project coordination, through implementation, including measuring complete project realization.
- Liaison for Staffing department, IT, and WFM software vendors. Role is empowered to navigate through the organization and leverage their experience to drive workforce management technology advancements.
- Manages, tracks and determines root causes related to technical issues. Leverages strong analytical abilities to identify areas of opportunity and quickly move to solution design and deployment. Seen as the “go to” expert to provide expertise and simplify complex workforce management technical scenarios.
- Bachelor's Degree in Operations Management, Industrial Engineering, Finance, Data Science, or a related field
- 5 years of experience related to workforce planning, data science, data modeling, or labor scheduling systems
- Master's Degree in Business Administration or Data Science, or a related field
- 6-8 years of experience related to workforce planning, data science, or data modeling; LEAN or Six Sigma Green Belt certification
- Proven experience in managing large, complex data analysis to arrive at workforce management insights
- Experience interacting and influencing senior leadership
- Lean Six Sigma Green/Black Belt Certification
- Prior experience managing Kronos Workforce Management solution in a retail environment
- Technical experience using any of the following: SQL, WIM, Java, ASP, HTML, or PHP
Lowe's is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.
Apply on company website