Drive forklift truck equipped with lifting devices such as forklift, fork-grapple, clamps, elevating platform, or trailer hitch, to push, pull, lift, stack, tier, or move raw paper materials and in process products and finished products, equipment, or materials in warehouse, storage yard, or factory. May move materials and equipment using an overhead rail crane or operate a rail car mover such as a Trackmobile. May load and unload semi trailer trucks. Maintain accurate inventory and report any discrepancies. May load or unload materials onto or off of pallets, skids, or lifting device. Perform safety checks on lifts. May lubricate truck, recharge batteries, fill fuel tank, or replace liquefied-gas tank. Responsible for inventory control, tracking and reporting inventory utilizing a materials management system. May organize and assign storage space utilized in warehousing and moving materials in the departments. Position Specific Details:
- First shift position.
- You are the key to your income. Earn up to an additional $6 per hour with our pay for performance program.
- Proven experience in the handling of controls for driving fork lift and/or clamp trucks.
- Must be skilled in handling controls for starting, stopping, backings, and driving fork lift trucks through narrow aisles in building, up and down ramps, and in and out of railroad cars, trucks, etc.; and, for lifting, lowering, and tilting forks by moving hands, arms, feet, and legs to operate controls.
- Must know how high, wide, and long the fork lift truck and its load are, and how much the fork lift truck can lift.
- Good spatial ability to identify how high and wide a doorway and an aisle must be to drive the fork lift truck and its load; how high and wide the shelf, bin, etc., must be to place the load; and how high the load must be lifted to reach the shelf or bin.
- Must be able to recognize whether the fork lift truck is able to lift the load and whether the load is properly balanced.
- Knowledge of the layout of the storage area to be able to find and place items without need for detailed instructions.
- Skilled in moving fork lift trucks about in places where there is very little room to stack or remove loads.
- Job requires ability to exert 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Start Rate: $16.75
Apply on company website