Manage the activities of operations staff to ensure completion of daily tasks and attainment of departmental goals. Manage execution, and maintenance of a business unit or department. Estimate time frames, quality, and quantity of resources required to successfully implement and carry out business enterprises. Handle personnel activities of staff (i.e., hire, train, reward, motivate, discipline, terminate, performance reviews, and pay discussions). Serve as escalation point for issues beyond team authority; resolve conflicts involving scheduling, resources, or technical issues. Prepare forecasts and reports of current operations to senior management. May provide input in to the budgeting of department's personnel, capital, and/or operations expenses.
- Completes production plan by scheduling and assigning personnel; accomplishing work results; establishing priorities; monitoring progress; revising schedules; resolving problems; reporting results of the processing flow on shift production summaries.
- Provides information to manager, co-workers, and subordinates of workload and any problems.
- Develops procedures and techniques to reduce process variation and fulfillment delays, while increasing productivity.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing quality workmanship standards.
- Ensures operation of equipment by calling for repairs; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Provides manufacturing information by compiling, initiating, sorting, and analyzing production performance records and data; answering questions and responding to requests.
- Creates and revises systems and procedures by analyzing operating practices and procedures, personnel requirements; implementing change.
- Maintains safe and clean work environment by educating and directing personnel on the use of all equipment, and resources; maintaining compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Resolves personnel problems by analyzing data; investigating issues; identifying solutions; recommending action.
- Develop specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize and accomplish group objectives.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results.
- Promotes safe practices and enforces plant safety policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Third shift position with a $0.75 (USD) pay differential.
- Bachelor degree in discipline related to functional work or role with 4-5 years of relevant work experience in supervising 15+ employees OR demonstrated ability to meet the job requirements through a comparable number of years of applicable work experience.
- Demonstrated ability to lead people and achieve business objectives.
- Knowledge of processes, quality control and other techniques for maximizing the effective distribution of goods.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Ability to balance and achieve positive results in the areas of safety, productivity, cost and employee relations.
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
- Willing and able to work assigned shift, weekends and/or in multiple departments as needed.
- Possess strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Prior supervisory experience in a manufacturing/warehouse environment preferred but not required.
- Veteran/Active Duty Applicants: View Comparable MOC's
Start Rate: $16.75
Apply on company website