Set up, adjust, operate, and maintain a gravure press or multi-color offset press to print single-color, two-color, and/or multi-color work which includes large solids, screen tints, line and halftones with critical color values and registration requirements ranging from hairline to critical. Review job specifications to determine the press setup according to the imposition of the run (sheet wise or work and turn). Perform all make-ready tasks associated with the type of press operated such as hanging plates or installing cylinders, prepping blankets, adjusting tension and register etc. May examine plates/cylinders for imperfections and check for correct positioning of images. Makes necessary color corrections and/or press adjustments prior to production run to meet and maintain the quality specifications of the work. Clean, lubricate, and maintain the press, making minor repairs and replacing worn or broken parts as required. Performs periodic maintenance recommended by the manufacturer. Maintain accurate records, coordinate with supervisors regarding production issues and provide leadership to press team.
- Requires comprehensive knowledge of a wide variety of techniques, procedures, materials, specifications, equipment, and safety requirements to setup, adjust, operate and maintain equipment to produce single-, two-, and/or multi-color work to critical tolerances.
- Skill in a wide-variety of complex manipulations and mechanical procedures to perform a variety of tasks to set-up, make major adjustments, and perform routine maintenance and minor repairs of equipment to produce single-, two-, and/or multi-color work.
- Skill to read and understand job specifications and knowledge of press capabilities to determine the most appropriate press usage, press settings and materials needed to run the job successfully.
- Skill in use of micrometer to mount and align the printing plate correctly.
- Job requires ability to exert 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Veteran/Active Duty Applicants: View Comparable MOC's
Start Rate: $22.61
Apply on company website