Load rolls of paper onto automatic splicing unit of web offset printing press. Inspect rolls of paper for blemishes or tears and cuts away damaged area with knife. Roll paper into loading position on automatic splicer, insert shaft of automatic splicer through roll core, secure holding chucks of automatic splicer to shaft ends, and thread paper through press components to prepare press for printing. Apply adhesive strip to backup roll and insert backup roll onto automatic splicing unit of press to prepare paper for automatic splicing. Remove roll of leftover paper from press after automatic splicing. May operate mechanical truck to transport rolls of paper to press area. May assist with some of the make-ready tasks associated with the type of press operated such as hanging plates, examining plates, prepping and installing blankets, adjusting tension etc. May clean press and clean and install press components to maintain press in working order. May prepare and Prepares and loads flat stock into a sheet fed press.
Position Specific Details:
- 4-crew position: 36 hours Week 1 and 48 hours Week 2, 3a-3p
- Requires general knowledge of offset presswork procedures and materials.
- Ability to read and follow job specifications to determine materials needed to run the job successfully.
- Ability to make adjustments to auto splicer.
- Knowledge to load paper and prepare slice for continuous operation of the press.
- Knowledge of materials and requirements for press.
- Job requires ability to exert in excess of 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or in excess of 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or in excess of 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Veteran/Active Duty Applicants: View Comparable MOC's
Start Rate: $15.50
Apply on company website