Follow detailed procedures to perform routine packing work. Pick and package a variety of printed materials or print related items that require a limited variety of packing procedures and techniques. May operate a pick truck or hoist to pull inventory from the warehouse. Place, arrange, mark, seal, and tag items on pallets and in containers, bins, and bulk storage. Consolidate various items for shipment in accordance with standard operating instructions. Assemble finished products into boxes or containers for shipping. Count and sort various product items. Perform related tasks such as placing labels on packages, putting manuals into binders, and handling boxes for final product. Ensure accurate shipping information is attached and packages are shipped according to specified schedule. May be the lead on a shift providing oversight and quality control. May prepare shipments of customer samples.
Position Specific Details:
- Summer position will start June 1st going until end of summer. Base hours between 3pm-11pm Monday - Friday.
- You can choose a schedule that works for you that is 20-40 hr/week as long as it is consistent in days and hours. Located at our Appleton distribution facility on Lake Park Road.
- Key Tasks
- Use of voice pick system to pull product by hand
- Counting and placing books in container
- Packing to ensure quality of the product
- Will cross train to assist in other areas
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Skill in reading specifications and identifying the correct parts for fulfilling customer orders.
- Excellent knowledge of routine and non-routine packing procedures, techniques, equipment, and basic warehouse procedures.
- Skill in using a limited variety of packing procedures and techniques.
- Knowledge of shipping documents and ability to identify shipping requirements and procedures for specific items using manual or automated processes.
- May require skill in using heat sealers, cutters, hand and power tools.
- Skill in completing manual and computerized forms and shipping documents regarding stock description, units of issue, weight, quantity, and labeling requirements for incoming and outgoing materials and equipment.
- Requires basic arithmetic and standard formulas to determine size and volume of packing containers and materials.
- Skill in assembling standard shipping boxes and packing contents securely.
- Job requires ability to exert 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Veteran/Active Duty Applicants: View Comparable MOC's
Start Rate: $14.83
Apply on company website