We are a quickly growing natural, organic, and specialty grocer based in Boulder, CO. We are looking for an HR professional with experience in the retail and grocery industry that will interface directly with the executive team, store directors and department managers to drive business results through influence and strategic partnerships. The Office Manager will be responsible for overall front office activities, including the reception area, mail, large purchasing requests and facilities. Also responsible for directing and coordinating office services and related activities, including developing and supervising programs for the maximum utilization of services and equipment. Responsible for arranging internal office moves and providing arrangements for office meetings.
If you have a passion for HR, people, people development, food, world-class customer service, building teams, and constant innovation and improvement, we would like to talk to you about joining our team.
Essential Job Functions
- Manages the reception area to ensure effective telephone and mail communications both internally and externally to maintain professional image.
- Supervises and coordinates overall administrative activities for the Office Administration Department.
- Supervises the maintenance and alteration of office areas and equipment, as well as layout, arrangement and housekeeping of office facilities.
- Negotiates the purchase of office supplies and furniture, office equipment, etc., for the entire staff in accordance with company purchasing policies and budgetary restrictions.
- Supervises the maintenance of office equipment, including copier, fax machine, etc.
- Responsible for the facilities day-to-day operations (such as distributing building access keys and back-up to security access cards, etc.)
- Reconcile paid outs and paid ins
- Enter daily sales, reconcile American Express charges
- Manages Concur program
- Arrange travel for new stores and recruiting
- Maintain phone tree
- Manage Company birthday celebrations
- Responsible for New Hire annoucements
- Participates as needed in special department projects.
- Clean desk and space for new team members
- Recycle toner cartridges
- Straighten chairs in conference room and common areas
- Secure that appropriate chairs are in designated areas
- Constant grooming of empty boxes in building
- Hold people accountable for their recycling and sharing samples with staff
- Check utility closet for empty boxes, coolers and Styrofoam
- Maintain coffee and filter inventory. Brew coffee daily
- Communicate with Golden Bear Cleaning and Property Management
- Email Bo when items arrive for him
- Date all perishable food purchased for employee condiments
- urchase organic milk, creamers and tea for office
- Usher traveling employees to their destinations
- Manage where visiting guests sit in office space
- Be aware of copier maintenance, supplies, problems that may arise
- Keep cabinets organized and do inventory of supplies
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Good planning and organizational skills.
- Working knowledge of mail processes such as postage machine, Federal Express and UPS.
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills.
- Professional appearance and manner.
- Computer literacy, specifically MS Word for Windows.
- Ability to manage staff (supervisory experience).
- Ability to negotiate effectively.
- Ability to lift approximately 15-20 lbs.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- At least two years of previous experience in office management.
- Able to sit for long periods of time
- Some heavy lifting involved.
The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job.
Apply on company website