The Commissary Manager is responsible for managing all aspects of the Commissary including staff, sales, margin, and labor. They will also manage the transportation market and delivery process of all product to Lucky's stores. The Commissary Manager will report to the Store Director, but program leadership will come from the Culinary Director.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepares the weekly production plan for all commissary products; ensures department operations maximize efficiencies and all timelines are met/exceeded.
- Monitors and controls all costs and expenses; includes maintaining proper ordering and inventory control, ensuring proper weighing procedures and controlling shrink.
- Manages the Commissary staff including hiring, training, scheduling, coaching, and initiating required performance reviews; ensures staff is trained on all policies and procedures.
- Oversees shift operations including writing and/or approving Commissary work schedules.
- Ensures cleanliness of food service areas, storage areas, and work areas for safety; includes cleaning of shelves and products, keeping floors free of liquid spills or water, removing hazardous debris from floor and sweeping.
- Receives, inspects, and logs products for accuracy of shipment, temperature, and quality.
- Monitors the rotation of all food service products paying attention to expired stock and discarding outdated or spoiled items.
- Balances the Commissary general ledger and financial statements; responsible for all department margins.
- Oversees pre-inventory preparation; includes back stock and assuring tags match products.
- Manages department inventory control ensuring no out of stocks and/or over-stocks.
- Uses knowledge of scales, weight measures, and tares to accurately weigh and label products; includes packaging and wrapping product and following the proper dating procedures.
- Monitors that proper temperatures are being maintained at all stages of production and transportation
- Sustains a high level of product knowledge and product preparation.
- Walks department regularly to ensure an organized, sanitary, and overall clean appearance at all times.
- Follows all Health Department codes and requirements for food safety and sanitation.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalency degree.
- Must have a minimum of 4 years professional experience in culinary management.
- Preferred 3-5 years grocery retail experience in Food Service department processes and procedures.
- Previous experience in a natural foods industry is a plus.
- Must have the capacity to take initiative when problems arise.
- Flexibility to adapt in a variety of situations.
- Must have advanced attention to detail with the capability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Excellent written communication and documentation skills.
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills for dealing cross functionally with peers and senior management.
- Must have knowledge with MS Office including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Ability to multitask and have excellent organizational skills is essential.
- Must be able to lead, support and contribute to team goals.
- Ability to work varied hours/days as business dictates.
- Must be familiar with Health Department guidelines and regulations as they pertain to a grocery retail environment.
- Must have advanced knowledge of math, weights, and measures.
- Demonstrate ability to analyze and interpret Company financial statements and results.
- Must have skills working with all food service equipment such as knives, slicers, scales, and ovens.
- Ability to follow and direct team to follow recipes, spec, and schematic.
- The potential for prolonged standing, walking, squatting and/or bending.
- The ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Occasional high stress when dealing with systems/customers/staff.
- Ability to enter the cold case, cooler, and freezer thereby beingsubjected to cold temperatures for extended periods of time
The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job.
Apply on company website