All positions at Lucky's Market are required to execute their daily job responsibilities in addition to focusing on sales and customer service. It is the expectation of each employee to maintain a positive attitude and a willingness to be a team player.
The Café Supervisor is responsible for supervising all aspects of the café. They are required to assist customers as needed and maintain a friendly, energetic demeanor. This position requires adhering to all procedural guidelines set by the Food Service Department.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensures a fresh, appealing case by checking codes, rotating product, and removing out-of-date product
- Labels, dates, covers, and rotates all products in the kitchen walk-in cooler.
- Uses preventative and safety measures at all times
- Complete spoilage, sampling, temperature, and sweep worksheets as required.
- Follows and complies with all applicable health and sanitation procedures and adheres to safe work practices.
- Responds promptly to customer needs and questions and requests assistance when necessary, including answering the store phone system.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Department Manager or Assistant Department Manager.
- Follow and comply with established procedures, including Weights and Measures, health and sanitation, and adhere to safe work practices.
- Operate and sanitize all equipment in a safe and proper manner.
- Ensures cleanliness of café, storage area, and work area for safety; includes cleaning of shelves and products, keeping floors free of liquid spills or water, removing hazardous debris from floor and sweeping.
- Walks department regularly to ensure an organized, sanitary, and overall clean appearance at all times.
- Holds Team Members accountable for all quality goals and proper operational procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Works overnight up to 5 shifts a week
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalency degree.
- Preferred 1 -2 years experience in café/coffee shop or coffee department processes and procedures.
- Previous experience in a natural foods industry is a plus.
- Previous café and customer service experience preferred.
- Excellent communication skills and willingness to work as part of a team; ability to communicate effectively with customers and team members.
- Ability to follow instructions and procedures.
- Ability to learn basic knowledge of all products carried in the department.
- Understand and communicate quality goals and ingredient information to customers.
- Ability to visually examine products for quality and freshness.
- Effective time management skills.
- Strong work ethic and integrity.
- Proper handling of knives and other cutting equipment.
- Available for flexible scheduling to meet the needs of the department.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
- The potential for prolonged standing, walking, squatting and/or bending.
- The ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Occasional high stress when dealing with systems/staff.
- Ability to enter the cold case, cooler, and freezer thereby being subjected to cold temperatures for extended periods of time.
- Will perform repetitive hand and arm motions daily such as scooping and cutting.
Apply on company website