We are a quickly growing natural, organic, and specialty grocer based in Boulder, CO. All positions at Lucky's Market are required to execute their daily job responsibilities in addition to focusing on sales and customer service. It is the expectation of each employee to maintain a positive attitude and a willingness to be a team player.
The Produce Team Member is responsible for keeping all produce shelves stocked and clean during business hours. They are required to assist customers as needed and maintain a friendly, energetic demeanor. This position requires adhering to all procedural guidelines set by the Produce Department.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensures cleanliness of produce department, storage area, and work area for safety; includes cleaning of shelves and products, keeping floors free of liquid spills or water, removing hazardous debris from floor and sweeping.
- Stocks produce department; includes presentation of product, facing, filling, and organization of all product items as set by the Produce Department schematics as well as ensuring tag and pricing accuracy.
- Examines the rotation of all produce products paying particular attention to expired stock and discarding outdated or spoiled items.
- Responds positively to customer's inquiries and assists customers with purchases, information and product selection; requires selling and cross selling of products.
- Receives, inspects, and logs products for accuracy of shipment, temperature, and quality.
- Monitors the point of purchase signs; ensures a variety of recipe cards, product coupons, promotional material, and information on complimentary foods.
- Requires operating and using equipment such as knives, scales, wrappers, compactors, garbage disposals, pallet jacks, and hand trucks.
- Participates in pre-inventory preparation; includes back stock and assuring tags match products.
- Maintains the ordering and inventory control.
- Participates and runs the cut fruit and vegetable program.
- Assists in produce section as needed.
- Conduct weekly department inventories and report financial information as well as take responsibility for the sales and profitability in the department.
- Sustains a high level of product knowledge and product preparation.
- Walks department regularly to ensure an organized, sanitary, and overall clean appearance at all times.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalency degree.
- Preferred 1 -2 years grocery retail experience in Producel department processes and procedures.
- Previous experience in a natural foods industry is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must maintain the highest level of customer service at all times.
- Ability to adapt to the ever changing high volume retail while working in a cross-functional team environment.
- Must have the capacity to take initiative when problems arise.
- Flexibility to adapt in a variety of situations.
- Must have advanced attention to detail with the capability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills for dealing cross functionally with peers and senior management.
- Ability to multitask and have excellent organizational skills is essential.
- Must be able to support and contribute to team goals.
- Ability to work varied hours/days as business dictates.
- Must be familiar with Health Department guidelines and regulations as they pertain to a grocery retail environment.
- Must have basic knowledge of math, weights, and measures.
- Must have the ability to push and pull fully loaded hand trucks and use box cutters.
- Must understand proper handling, preparation, seasonality, and appropriate shelf life of products.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
- The potential for prolonged standing, walking, squatting and/or bending.
- The ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Occasional high stress when dealing with systems/customers/staff.
- Ability to enter the cold case, cooler, and freezer thereby being subjected to cold temperatures for extended periods of time.
Apply on company website