Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumens network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
Reporting to: Director, Sales
The Role (Position Objective/ Summary):
• Act as a representative of Lumen to acquire new clients that are headquartered in Hong Kong.
• Meet the quarterly sales targets and objectives by identifying and closing profitable new business opportunities for Lumen solutions within allocated target and/or existing client accounts and sectors.
• Externally, there will be first class relationships established with all Lumen customers, partners, and suppliers.
• Internally, there will be communication and interfacing with all Lumen employees both within APAC and globally.
• Keep up to date with the portfolio of Lumen's products and services and be able to articulate key business benefits and competitive differentiators.
• Achieve quarterly and annual sales targets.
• Ensure sales plans / account plans are in place for the key target accounts.
Deliver the FY order intake MRR target through: -
• Focus and drive to deliver exceptional results
• Management of own pipeline of new opportunities to ensure consistent target and achievement
• Consistent identification and capture profitable revenue opportunities for Lumen services.
• Improve sales penetration within chosen market sectors and key customers independently establish and grow new or existing client base.
• Form long-term relationships with “C” level decision makers to maximize business opportunities
• Identify, understand and solve any obstacles or objections to the successful sale of Lumen products and services.
• Develop and implement plans to increase penetration within existing accounts in respect of cross selling opportunities, within sales and cross functionally.
• Adhere to Lumen best practice sales and internal qualification and approval processes.
• Participate actively in sales calls and bid reviews, demonstrating excellent sales and closing skills to the team.
• Accurate forecasting of monthly and quarterly achievement.
• Provide weekly/monthly reports to the Sales Leader with a detailed insight into accounts, opportunities, and pipeline.
• Develop and manage internal relationships, earning the respect of colleagues at all levels across the business ensuring a cohesive internal structure.
• Work collaboratively with both Global and APAC sales teams on Global opportunities / accounts and sales support teams to win key opportunities
• Minimum 6 years' of sales experience covering IT outsourcing/networking/communications, including:
o Strong background in end user corporate sales (i.e. peer-to-peer selling, board level contact, new business orientated);
o Existing senior level relationships within relevant companies.
o Experience of complex high end selling in a long-term environment; especially in the managed hosting and network space
o Experience of selling into Financial, Retail, Legal, Government and Media or in any particular verticals.
• Demonstrated experience selling a combination of the following product offerings:
o Managed Hosting, Public and Private Cloud,
o Professional Services/Consulting
o Managed Security
• Experience of working in highly competitive environments and constantly improving and delivering order intake margin and revenue.
• Evidence of creative commercial deals, which have demonstrated affinity to the tailored requirements of the customer, whilst ensuring that requirements can be fulfilled without breaking the model.
• Experience of operating in an international environment and innate understanding how to operate in APAC markets.
• Proven and strong experience in direct sales
• Strong prospecting skills and experience
• Excellent communication skills (oral, written and presentation)
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
• Possess high integrity, willing to put the interests of the company before personal gain and thereby achieving both.
• Commercially astute and driven by delivering results
• Highly organized and able to change focus and reassess priorities quickly.
• Able to build long-term customer relationships based upon honesty and trust.
• Of strong intellect and able to combine creative thinking with pragmatism.
• Of a high energy level with PACE and PASSION
• Natural presence, ability to communicate to large numbers of people instantly and in a relaxed manner.
Requisition #: 257417
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, protected statuses). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Apply on company website