Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumens network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
Responsible for managing business development activities for high-profile named new business accounts and/or specific market segment(s) that lead to the expansion and growth of new business. Accountable for the coordination and strategy on assigned key account(s). Responsible for the overall development and implementation of the account plan.The Main Responsibilities
- Identifies, bids on, negotiates, and closes new sales opportunities in order to meet and exceed established sales and revenue quotas. Provides comprehensive account plans and strategies to win new business from new and/or existing accounts.
- Broadens and deepens existing customer relationships in order to gain strategic positioning as well as retain existing revenue and attain additional business.
- Provides input to sales management about trends and changes taking place within the customer's organization, and makes recommendations about future courses of action necessary of the company towards improving its position with the customer.
- Provides accurate and detailed weekly forecast funnel of identified and proposed opportunities in order to meet or exceed sales quota requirements.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the company's entire product suite. May have more in-depth knowledge on a subset of products and/or services.
- Drives account management responsibilities including solution creation, solution offering, configuration management, order issuance, service delivery, service management, and revenue recognition. Demonstrates a balance of strategic and tactical thought leadership.
- 10 years of sales experience
- Knowledge and understanding of the telecom industry's competitive landscape.
- Demonstrated strong communication, written, and formal presentation skills as well as proficiency in selling to the close.
- Self-motivated, pro-active, results-oriented professional with an ability to work with minimum direction.
- Proficient in MS office products: Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- At least 50% of time conducting sales activities outside of the office.
- Experience with Salesforce.com
What to Expect Next
Requisition #: 236884
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to the recruitment process for people with disabilities. If there is anything we can do to help you, please let us know
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, religion, colour, sex, age, disability or sexual orientation or any other status protected by local or national law. We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training. We participate in the A-Check Pre-employment Screening Program or the Electronic Employment Verification Program, depending on location.
When applying for an internal role, you must:
Have been in your current role, and employed by CenturyLink, for a minimum of twelve months.
Confirm to your Line Manager which role you have applied for.
Not have any current disciplinary action recorded against you.
Not be on a current performance improvement plan (PIP).
Apply on company website