Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumens network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
Lumen is looking for a motivated sales overlay for account and partner development within the APAC region to support the growth of the Cloud business. Lumen is a leading cloud service provider with broad range of Cloud products & services including private cloud, public cloud and edge cloud as well as cloud consulting and managed services. The key objectives for the position are:
- Grow the Cloud business in the designated geographical territory by unearthing new opportunities through new logo acquisitions and upselling into existing accounts.
- Develop our partner ecosystem for increased sales, brand awareness and market share for Lumen's suite of Cloud products and services in the designated geographical territory.
- Feedback and collaborate with Cloud team to develop / refine service offerings to cater to market demand and requirements.
• Partner with Account Directors, Sales Directors, and General Managers in the designated geographical territory to discover opportunities, penetrate accounts, and close new Cloud business.
• Develop and manage customer relationships in order to gain strategic positioning with decision makers, retain existing revenue and acquire additional business.
• Work closely with the SEs and SATs to develop a winning proposal for the client.
• Provide a continuous feedback loop to Cloud Product and Engineering teams for service offering enhancement and improvement.
• Continuous learning and development to maintain and increase knowledge of new service offerings, technologies and key value propositions including enhancing your own and the incumbent sales force's expertise in the company's Cloud products and service offerings.
• Work with incumbent sales teams and internal resources to develop and implement sales plans that provide clearly defined strategies, tactics, and timeframes to maximize revenue.
• Take product expertise and sales ownership of the designated geographical territory.
• Develop sales in the designated target market(s) by identifying new sales opportunities with prospective enterprise customers headquartered in the region by cold calling, customer visits, business networking, lead generation activities and partnerships.
• Develop strong relationships with key strategic alliances and partners e.g., AWS, MS Azure, Alibaba Cloud, Google Cloud, HPE, Dell, VMWare in order to drive new business.
• Utilize Salesforce.com to provide accurate and detailed weekly forecast funnel of identified and proposed opportunities in order to meet or exceed sales quota requirements.
• 5+ years of successful sales and account management experience in Cloud space or a related field
• Prior experience of Cloud product and services selling in a leading IT services company will be preferred.
• Proven track record in solution selling of public and private cloud as well as Cloud consulting and managed services.
• Existing relationships with AWS, MS Azure, Alibaba Cloud, Google Cloud, HPE, Dell, VMWare leadership / account teams in the designated geographical territory
• Experience in successfully executing complex sales cycles with CXOs through a consultative selling approach.
• Ability to think strategically, develop sales tactics and execute successful sales conversion.
• Proven experience and track record of success in hunting, prospecting, and new account development.
• Ability to influence and identify champions, both internally and externally to support sales closure.
• This is a sales and customer facing role that typically requires at least 50% or more of time conducting sales activities outside of the office.
• Able to build long-term customer relationships based upon honesty and trust.
• Excellent critical thinking, analytical skills and driven to deliver target sales outcome.
• Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills with the ability to present to a variety of external audiences, including being able to interact with senior executives.
• Bachelor's or Master's degree in a related field or applicable years of experience.
Requisition #: 241291
When applying for a position, you may be subject to a background screen (criminal records check, motor vehicle report, and/or drug screen), depending on the requirements for the position. Job-related concerns noted in the background screen may disqualify you from the new position oryour current role. Background results will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, protected statuses). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Apply on company website