Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen's network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
Working independently and under limited supervision, is responsible for managing the contractual and commercial relationships with a number of Communications Providers within the allocated region. This will include relationship development, creation and execution of vendor strategy, contract negotiations to reduce cost and enhance product offerings, management of contractual terms and conditions to ensure compliance, communication of vendor strategy and capabilities to internal stakeholders.The Main Responsibilities
- Achieve Netex savings through circuit term management and negotiate reductions on embedded base of inventory.
- Maintains annual cost savings plan for allocated Communications Providers and monitors company performance against savings incentives.
- Develops business relationships with each Communication Provider that maximises buying potential for the business.
- Regularly review allocated Communication Providers pricing & coverage to ensure Lumen maintain competive in market.
- Negotiate appropriate commercial and contractual arrangements with suppliers and for all products and services in their control.
- Supports vendor escalations where necessary using established commercial relationships.
- Provides input into the Regional Access strategy.
- Represent Access Management where appropriate on internal initiatives.
Required knowledge and skills:
- Relevant experience in telecommunications or other suitable sector
- Effective communication skills (verbal and written), interpersonal skills, and problem solving abilities.
- Business and financial acumen, individual must be self-motivated, adaptive to changes and results-oriented.
- Must be self-directed, understand the requirements and take the initiative to complete tasks or assignments with little or no direction
- Ability to build strong cross-departmental business relationships.
- Ability to manage and prioritise multiple projects and issues at the same time, in a fast paced environment
- Strong customer service focus.
- Strong PC skills in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Requisition #: 226599
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to the recruitment process for people with disabilities. If there is anything we can do to help you, please let us know
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, religion, colour, sex, age, disability or sexual orientation or any other status protected by local or national law. We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training. We participate in the A-Check Pre-employment Screening Program or the Electronic Employment Verification Program, depending on location.
When applying for an internal role, you must:
Have been in your current role, and employed by CenturyLink, for a minimum of twelve months.
Confirm to your Line Manager which role you have applied for.
Not have any current disciplinary action recorded against you.
Not be on a current performance improvement plan (PIP).
Apply on company website