Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumens network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
The Network Implementation Program Manager is responsible for planning, scheduling, coordinating, and managing a wide variety of projects involving the construction of ISP and OSP facilities, buildings, road moves, etc. Oversees the construction process from conceptualization to completion including the oversight of engineers, construction supervisors, contractors, various trade workers and project managers. Effectively monitors and manages quality and completion of work and resolve issues. Accurately reports on the progress of a project and updates databases as applicable, e.g., FTTx, CDFS, AFOR, and GPON.The Main Responsibilities
- This position will include aerial and underground inspections; and audits of contractors performing inspections, corrections, and foreign pole transfers in accordance with the NESC, and Lumen.
- This position will also be involved in the development, trials, and implementation of new processes, process documentation, web applications, and field software involving NESC inspections and corrections, and pole transfer work.
- The Network Implementation Program Manager will also be expected to be able to assign and dispatch work to contract inspectors via email or through online database applications, with the ability to assist the contract inspectors in resolving NESC or FPT complex issues.
- The selected candidate will be expected to perform training of contract personnel in the accepted aerial plant inspection and correction methods used by Lumen, as well as the associated field software applications.
- An understanding of the NJUNS database, JRM, JRM Collect, JRM Notify, BidMaster and SAP is a must.
- In addition, the successful candidate should be familiar with Microsoft Word, and PowerPoint; and proficient/comfortable with Microsoft Excel to include the development of forms, the use of internal and external hyperlinks, as well as simple functions and their structure (i.e. COUNT, COUNTIF, SUBTOTAL, SUM, etc.).
- Familiarity with the current Lumen RUS coding is a must in the contract inspection position as well as the ability and desire to continuously learn new systems and applications.
- Knowledge of the NESC, OSP construction techniques, telecom industry OSP best practices, and overall maintenance of a safe job site is a must; with the ability to determine cost effective solutions to bring into compliance complex aerial cable problems.
- The successful candidate works with other team members to assure timely completion, quality work and safe working practices throughout the labor and billing cycle.
- This Network Implementation Program Manager position supports Lumen Unifying Principles, works with team members across several disciplines including Business and Consumer, Network Services, various customer groups including homebuilders, general contractors, and sub-contractors.
- The selected candidate will possess strong leadership and decision-making skill.
- This is an extremely fast paced work environment and accessibility is expected to be 24x7x365.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent education and experience or 2-3 years with a Master's Degree
- Ability to travel as much as 30%-40%.
- Must have a valid driver's license, with a satisfactory driving record. MVR check will be required.
- Minimum 7 years' experience in OSP telecommunications construction or operations with at least two of those years working with the NESC, or equivalent education and experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Ability to delegate work
- Ability to manage multiple priorities under tight deadlines
- Ability to build relationships with other departments and vendors
- Ability to manage both capital and expense budgets
- Comprehensive knowledge of construction practices and procedures, including underground, buried and aerial construction of copper and fiber facilities. Central office configurations and routing switching.
- Previous experience with supervision of projects, or project management.
- Proven experience reading blueprints and schematics
- Proven experience and knowledge of building codes and relevant laws to ensure the project is in compliance with building standards and regulations.
Requisition #: 238344
When applying for a position, you may be subject to a background screen (criminal records check, motor vehicle report, and/or drug screen), depending on the requirements for the position. Job-related concerns noted in the background screen may disqualify you from the new position oryour current role. Background results will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, protected statuses). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Salary Min $56610 Salary Max $126120
This information reflects the anticipated base salary range for this position based on current national data. Minimums and maximums may vary based on location. Individual pay is based on skills, experience and other relevant factors.
This position is eligible for either short-term incentives or sales compensation. Director and VP positions also are eligible for long-term incentive. To learn more about our bonus structure, you can view additional information here. Were able to answer any additional questions you may have as you move through the selection process.
As part of our comprehensive benefits package, Lumen offers a broad range of Health, Life, Voluntary Lifestyle and other benefits and perks that enhance your physical, mental, emotional and financial wellbeing. You can learn more by visiting https://lumenbenefits.com.
Note: For union-represented postings, wage rates and ranges are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreement provisions.
Apply on company website