CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the world's best networking company by solving customers' increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers' trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business.
Responsible for providing 24x7x365 Tier II technical support and troubleshooting assistance to field operations for facilities critical infrastructure equipment such as (AC power distribution, buildings, grounding, fire systems, generators, Auto Transfer Switch (ATS), Uninterruptable Power Systems (UPS), UPS battery strings, Direct Current (DC) power plants, DC plant batteries, Power Distribution Units (PDUs), Static Transfer Switch (STS) and Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) systems, including Computer Room Air Conditioner (CRAC) units, chillers, dry coolers, condensers, pumps and building structural issues) to ensure operational integrity, improve efficiency and reduce operational costs.
The Main Responsibilities
Position entails essential functions under the Engineer I position in addition to the following:
- Provides Tier II support to field technicians and field management in stabilizing emergency situations and reducing the dependency on vendor support for issues that can be solved internally.
- Responsible for maintiaining core site readiness. Identifying and documenting and prioritizing all defeciciencies that need to be addressed. All situation that currently have a site in jeporady are identified and escalated for remediation to CITS manager and Director.
- Identifies critical infrastructure in need of replacment. Work with manager under process to submit for replacement.
- Participates as a subject matter expert on task forces or cross functional projects; advises departments on solutions for technical problems or barriers.
- Provides in office or onsite disaster recovery support for facilities and critical infrastructure equipment.
- Assists program managers with maintenance schedules
- Ensures critical infrastructure information for BCP program is accurate for sites within AOR
- Provides on site preventive maintenance inspection (PMI) training and technical troubleshooting training to field technicians for critical infrastructure equipment.
- Capacity management for critical infrastructure wihtin core sites under AOR
- Documented sound experience working with critical infrastructure, electrical and electronic systems.
- Must have effective communication skills, be able to perform extremely complex technical task, lead teams, vendors, and contractors in projects/assignments/tasks major in scope and complexity.
- Ability to travel in short notice in order to provide hands on assistance with emergency situations. Travel is a requirement of the position
- Effective verbal and written communication skills ensure specifications and expectations are being met.
- Maintain a positive attitude with internal customers and external parties
- Strong working knowledge of Internet and computing skills
- Provide guidance to team members
Alternate Location: US-Arizona-Phoenix; US-California-Sacramento; US-Colorado-Denver; US-Louisiana-Monroe; US-Missouri-Columbia; US-Nebraska-Omaha; US-Nevada-North Las Vegas; US-New Mexico-Albuquerque; US-Oklahoma-Tulsa
Requisition #: 231331
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, protected statuses). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Apply on company website