Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumens network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
The Critical Infrastructure Inside Plant (ISP) engineer role is to manage and deliver both internal and external customer requirements of critical infrastructure and supporting inventory. Responsible for the success of multiple technical projects including budgetary control, contractor and vendor managementThe Main Responsibilities
- Manages the implementation of new Critical Infrastructure (Space and Power) requirements across the EMEA region.
- Interpret the space and power requirements, identify and resolve any potential issues.
- Review space and power capacity and distribution to identify constraints.
- Calculate project timeline and provide cost estimates.
- Review scope of works / detailed work packages in preparation for implementation.
- Provide budgetary estimates for installation works and projects.
- Establish, manage and arrange delivery of required infrastructure or inventory.
- Communicate with internal and external stakeholders on updates, project dependencies, issues and impacts.
- Liaise with the local field operations staff as required.
- Manage project financial budgets.
- Undertake all works in a timely, well organised and process driven manner.
- Arrange purchase orders and manage the requisitions process.
- Maintain system records and inventories.
What We Look For in a Candidate
- Self-motivated individual with Good Electrical Engineering (AC & DC distribution systems) and ideally experience within the Communications industry would be preferred.
- Ability to operate in a team working environment, will possess good interpersonal skills, and be accountable for the workload assigned.
- Effective time management and prioritisation skills with the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to present and receive complex information with attention to detail, and to give clear and unambiguous instructions.
Technology requirements for this position include knowledge on:
• AC and DC Power systems
• Budget management experience
• Experience of vendor and service providers negotiations
• Knowledge of fibre types, presentation connectors, test specs would be advantageous.
Excellent oral and written communication skills, with an ability to communicate effectively.What to Expect Next
Requisition #: 268694
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to the recruitment process for people with disabilities. If there is anything we can do to help you, please let us know
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, religion, colour, sex, age, disability or sexual orientation or any other status protected by local or national law. We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training. We participate in the A-Check Pre-employment Screening Program or the Electronic Employment Verification Program, depending on location.
Apply on company website