Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumens network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
As a Lead Business Dev Mgr – Venture Business, your primary objective of this position is to build relationships within the Venture Capital community and develop business in the Start Up and Smart tech segment. Desired result is establishing new Service Schedules leading to monthly recurring revenue at or above business growth and incremental revenue targets. Key function is the establishing working relationship with the region's direct and channel sales account teams, prospecting, qualifying, and assisting in closing new customers for Lumen. The candidate will play a central role in developing the investment ecosystem (advisor network, effective interest rates, etc.), sourcing and evaluating new opportunities, building investment theses, executing transactions in a timely manner, as well as supporting current portfolio companies.The Main Responsibilities
- Identify and analyze new investment opportunities by working with the team to expand its co-investment and corporate partner ecosystems (VCs, CVCs, Accelerators, Incubators, CXOs, Subject Matter Experts)
- Develop investment plans and models by focusing on specific technology areas like Cybersecurity, Software Defined Networks, Edge and Cloud Computing, Content Deployment/Digital Media, Big Data Analytics, AI/ML, IoT etc
- Perform research and analysis of new markets, technologies, and competitive landscape; share findings with Sales, Product, Delivery and Investment team
- Establish Service Schedules for large VC firms to allow for a Contract Vehicle that multiple Start Ups can leverage and buy from.
- Lead efforts in due diligence on potential investment opportunities, source acquisition ideas, prepare investment profiles and assist in deal negotiations
- Assist and support portfolio companies with business strategy, financial review, and investors, partners and customers introduction
- Execute new and follow-on investment opportunities, including financial modeling and deal structuring
What We Look For in a Candidate
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering; Master's Degree preferred
- 6+ years of relevant experience, preferably directly in venture capital and/or corporate development
- Strong local network in the VC and startup ecosystem
- Technical and operating experience in high growth startups
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Fluency with data manipulation, financial models, cap tables and presentations
- Must be a self-starter, solutions oriented, comfortable working with minimal oversight and taking on new tasks on-demand/as needed
Requisition #: 246928
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, protected statuses). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
83430Salary Max :
This information reflects the anticipated base salary range for this position based on current national data. Minimums and maximums may vary based on location. Individual pay is based on skills, experience and other relevant factors.
This position is eligible for either short-term incentives or sales compensation. Director and VP positions also are eligible for long-term incentive. To learn more about our bonus structure, you can view additional information here. We're able to answer any additional questions you may have as you move through the selection process.
As part of our comprehensive benefits package, Lumen offers a broad range of Health, Life, Voluntary Lifestyle and other benefits and perks that enhance your physical, mental, emotional and financial wellbeing. You can learn more by clicking here.
Note: For union-represented postings, wage rates and ranges are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreement provisions.Salary Range Salary Min :
83430Salary Max :
This information reflects the base salary pay range for this job based on current national market data. Ranges may vary based on the job's location. We offer competitive pay that varies based on individual experience, qualifications and other relevant factors. We encourage you to apply to positions that you are interested in and for which you believe you are qualified. To learn more, you are welcome to discuss with us as you move through the selection process.
Apply on company website