Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumens network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
The Operations Technician (Network Operation Center Environment) will work in a challenging, hands on environment supporting the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), and other specialized customers in support of National Cyber Protection System (NCPS) initiatives.The Main Responsibilities
- Responsible for fiber maintenance including installation, splicing, and testing of all fiber optic cable within multiple program networks.
- Hands on technical support of routers, switches, servers, and firewalls in a Data Center and office environment.
- Network troubleshooting and fault analysis; hardware troubleshooting and repair.
- Develop and follow a MOP and anticipate problems, and proactively take corrective action.
- Trouble ticket generation and response; customer interface and escalations.
- Monitoring, configuring, troubleshooting Tier 12 events in switches, routers, and firewalls.
- Respond to customer inquiries in a timely and professional manner.
- Ability to effectively communicate with peers and customers
- Must be willing to work Shift work 24x7 coverage, weekends, holidays and on-call rotation.
- Must be familiar with the following Juniper (JunOS), Netscreen Firewalls SolarWinds, Cisco Networking Hardware.
- Must have experience with application-level firewalls (proxies)
- Clearance Active Top Secret (TS) with the ability to obtain a Top-Secret SCI (TSSCI).
- Associates degree in a related field or equivalent work experience in the communications, networking or cybersecurity fields.
- Understand layer 2 and layer 3 technologies (BGP, VLANs, Trunking, ACLs, IPSec, and L2TP).
- Basic enterprise Linux skills, VMWare, SQL, and Basic Windows Server Administration.
- Familiar with Network Monitoring tools.
- Ability to work in a consultative manner with others, i.e., establish rapport, interview, fact-find, present options recommend solutions, follow-up and customer-focused behavior.
- Proven ability to work in a dynamic team environment with changing requirements and competing priorities.
Requisition #: 237116
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, protected statuses). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Apply on company website