CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the worlds best networking company by solving customers increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business.
The Solutions Architect generates sales opportunities for a specific product/service within prospect accounts and identifies upsell opportunities within existing customers. Maintains current knowledge of industry trends, topics, methodologies and core technologies in order to assimilate customer needs and design appropriate technical solutions. Solutions Architects act as a champion internally, translating industry best practices, trends, and customer needs back to peer groups in Operations, Marketing, Product, Service Delivery, Architecture/Engineering etc. to facilitate ongoing, actionable, improvements to the CenturyLink suite of products in which they specialize.The Main Responsibilities
- Acts as a liaison to internal groups such as Service Delivery, Offer Management, Product, Marketing, Architecture and Capacity Planning to relay customer requirements and develop deliverable solutions.
- Assists in identifying key technical influencers at existing customers and pursues marketing generated sales leads to close new business with prospective customers.
- Manages a forecast and funnel for product specific opportunities within assigned territory.
- Coordinates customer implementation with service delivery organization, provides design clarifications. Interfaces directly with customer.
- Demonstrates advanced solution selling abilities and effective, pro-active customer communications.
- Interacts independently with all levels of customer's management team to drive new sales.
- Designs technical solutions that meet the customers' business objectives by mapping to Level 3 products.
- Clarifies ambiguous requirements with sales or clients, ensuring the solution resolves underlying client issues.
- Provides guidance and alternatives to customer's requirements. May interpret customer requirements based on limited information.
- Proactively identifies areas of process and design improvement within specific product area, contacts impacted departments and recommends potential solutions.
- Reviews customer business requirements developed directly or by sales/sales engineering. Interacts with sales/sales engineers and customers on large complex deals for specific products.
Bachelors Degree or equivalent technical training and 4 years of relevant job experience with similar essential duties.
- Engineering, Physics
Languages: English, advanced level is mandatory.
Technical Knowledge: Demonstrated understanding of advanced applications within this area of technology with extensive knowledge of competitive offerings and trends.
Experience: As Sales Engineer or Technical Consultant is desired.
Sales Ability: Proven track record of success attaining sales quota through leveraging existing technical relationships to up-sell existing customers and calling on new leads/prospects to generate new business within assigned territory. Utilizes Targeted Account Selling (TAS) or other solution selling methodology.
Communication: Advanced written and verbal communication skills. Proven ability to work with multiple levels of decision making.
Problem Solving: Expert problem solving skills and ability to methodically understand and resolve complex issues. Must demonstrate the ability to focus ambiguous customer needs into specific, deliverable requirements. Must demonstrate creative solution development.
Work Style: Ability to work independently and as part of a team. Must be able to build strong team relationship and easily transfer technical information. Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines. Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously. Must be very detail oriented and demonstrate a high degree of accuracy.
Computer Skills: Advanced knowledge and usage of computer business applications such as Outlook, Word, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint required.
Alternate Location: AR-Buenos Aires-Olivos; AR-CABA-Buenos Aires
Requisition #: 226051
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, protected statuses). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Apply on company website