Atrium Hospitality is seeking an Accounting Clerk to compute, classify, and record numerical data to keep financial records complete. Perform any combination of routine calculating, posting, and verifying duties to obtain primary financial data for use in maintaining accounting records.
• Perform monthly bank audits with accounting associates.
• Create new vendor files, and updates master label spreadsheet.
• Assist Accounts Payable with gathering checks for signature and/or mailing.
• Maintain confidentiality regarding financial statements, reports, guest information and other accounting information.
• Conduct cashier audits.
• Reconcile invoices, guest charges and receivables as necessary.
• Maintain record of payments and ensure vendor files are in proper order.
• Review all invoices to ensure proper authorization and payment approval has been obtained.
• Closing accounts payable to general ledger, running proper reports, and balancing accounts payable trial balance to open items weekly.
• Assist office in any other administrative duties as needed.
• Assist the sales effort in establishing customer credit in accordance with the hotel policies and procedures, to include but not limited to the application process, reference checks, credit limits, direct bill listing, deposit requirements and other credit related activities.
• Verify group room billings and banquet charges and group master accounts.
Communicating with the sales department regarding any billing discrepancies.
• Provide customers with accurate and timely invoices, statements and schedule.
• Respond effectively to customer inquiries in a timely fashion. Communicate all issues and/or disputes to operating departments and supervisor.
• Ensure proper internal control by monitoring the guest ledger, advance deposit ledger, house accounts and any other related subsidiary ledgers.
• Implement credit training in operating department to include proper credit card, cash and check acceptance, limits and approval for direct bill listing.
• Work closely with Front Office personnel to assist with proper billing/credit procedures.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Apply on company website