The ideal candidate will have previous hotel accounting experience ensuring compliance in finance policy and procedures. The ideal candidate should also have experience in financial review and performance process improvements. The candidate should be self-motivated and willing to learn new processes.
1. Active involvement in property internal controls and safeguarding property assets
2. Ensure the hotel in compliance with all Atrium Finance and Payroll SOP's.
3. Ensure compliance with all internal and external audit findings.
4. Responsible for managing the accounts receivable functions and ensuring the accounts are in good standing.
5. Ensure timely and accurate credit card and cash deposits
6. Ensure compliance with all sales and use tax regulations and insure accurate accruals of all sales and use tax accounts.
7. Responsible for managing all daily processes in profitsage including accurate and timely reporting of daily revenue both in profitsage and the current accounting platform.
8. Monitor cashier over/short procedures, counsel employees as needed, and coordinate repayment or disciplinary action as required.
9. Assist corporate accounting staff with month end tasks and general ledger items
10. Assist GM in property profitability and financial analysis (including Labor and Payroll Reviews, P&Ls, forecasts and budgets)
11. Ensure compliance with all accounting platforms at the hotel.
12. Ensure the hotels Guest, City, and Advance Deposit ledgers are in balance with the general ledger on a daily basis.
13. Ensure 100% compliance with Birchstreet usage on property
14. Assist General Manager in checkbook review and P&L analysis.
15. Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Intermediate knowledge of hotel property management systems and point of sale systems.
• Intermediate knowledge of the accounts payable, income audit, and general ledger reconciliation functions.
• Strong organization and communication skills.
• Ability to work under limited supervision.
• Functional knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Outlook, Word and Excel. Excel skills required are the ability to create worksheets and write formulas.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Apply on company website