MaineGeneral Medical Center is seeking a full time board-certified/board eligible Oncologist/Hematologist to join their team of 6 physicians and 8 advanced practitioners providing care at the Harold Alfond Center for Cancer Care. The cancer center is located on the same beautiful campus as our newest, state-of-the-art 198 bed inpatient medical center in Augusta, Maine.
The selected candidate will enjoy a true life-work balance with a strong support staff to ensure patients receive the highest quality cancer care.
What does the Harold Alfond Center for Cancer Care have to offer?
- Collegial work environment that includes a team made up of physicians, advanced practitioners, and Radiation Oncologists
- Each physician team is supported by a dedicated nurse navigator and a medical assistant
- Multi-disciplinary tumor board
- Flexibility in schedule, allowing for expansion of practice
- Collaborative surgical support to include ENT, Pulmonology, Dermatology, GI, Colorectal, Thoracic, Gynecology, and Breast Navigators and Surgeons
- Home to the Maine Cancer Genomics Initiative, an alliance of the Maine oncology providers, led by researchers the Jackson Laboratory
- Life After Treatment Care Planning
Why choose to work at MaineGeneral?
- Enjoy 4-day clinical work weeks
- Minimal call volume, phone call only due to the 24/7 hospitalist coverage
- Very competitive base salary with a robust RVU bonus structure
- Generous Paid time off, with additional CME time
- Comprehensive benefits, relocation allowance, retention bonus, and CME allowance offered
- On-site hospital daycare facility (Early Learning Center) anticipated 2023
- H1b Sponsorship
- Located within a short distance of ski resorts, lakes and rivers, award-winning golf courses, abundant hiking trails, and the beautiful, rugged Maine coast, close to Portland, Maines largest city, and less than a three-hour drive from Boston
- Cultural attractions, including art museums and live theater and music
- Many prestigious awards and recognitions such as:
- 2023 Womens Choice Awards Best Hospitals for Cancer Care
- Leapfrog Group A grade for Spring 2022 and Fall 2022
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience Award for 2022
- NewsweekWorlds Best Hospitals awards list 2022, including a special designation for infection prevention
- ForbesBest-in-State Employer 2022
Apply on company website