Maine Medical Center is currently seeking a Director of Clinical Research to join their Cardiovascular Service Line (CVSL) in Portland, Maine. Working in collaboration with the CVSL Chief and the CVSL Division Directors, and the Maine Medical Center Research Institute, the CVSL Director of Clinical Research directs and oversees all research activities conducted by the faculty, trainees, and staff of the CVSL in accordance with the mission, vision, and values of the Service line in addition to the goals set forth by the Maine Health Academic Affairs Strategic Plan.
- Doctoral degree (MD, PhD, DrPH) in relevant biomedical discipline.
- Completion of post-doctoral training or research fellowship.
- Five or more years of applicable experience within the field and discipline.
- Excellent written and verbal skills as demonstrated by a strong record of scientific publications and presentations.
- Demonstrated ability to design and conduct novel biomedical research studies; possesses scientific acumen.
- Organizational and personnel management skills, business skills, and strategic planning acumen.
- Demonstrated experience in administration and the management of staff.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage grants and grant accounting.
- Must possess a working knowledge of federal regulations, compliance policy, and human subjects protections as they relate to the conduct of a wide variety of research projects. Must be facile with IRB submission and approval.
- Actively follows research trends in Cardiovascular Medicine and related disciplines.
- Advanced statistical training with working knowledge of multiple analytic programs (SPSS, SAS, R, Stata, Excel, etc.)
- Personal qualities of integrity, a commitment to teamwork and mentorship, honesty, selflessness, modesty, empathy, openness, and fairness.
The Physician shall engage in scholarly activities on behalf of the CVSL to enhance research in cardiovascular disease including participating in organized clinical research discussions, presenting work at scientific and professional conferences, writing manuscripts on original research for peer-reviewed journals, writing reviews and/or book chapters, writing research grant applications, mentoring faculty in the field, serving on peer-review committees, or other scholarly activity resulting in the production or application of knowledge which is documented and/or disseminated to the professional community. The primary goal of the position is to increase participation and the diversity of research conducted by the CVSL.
The successful candidate will be joining Maine Medical Partners, an organization within Maine Medical Center, Maine's largest multi-specialty medical group serving the healthcare needs of patients locally and throughout northern New England. This high quality team of 600 physicians and 350 advanced practice professionals provides a wide range of hospital-based, primary, specialty, and sub-specialty care delivered throughout a network of 54 locations across the State and acts as a regional referral network.
For more information, please contact Gina Mallozzi, Physician Recruiter at (207) 661-2092 or email@example.com
About Maine Medical Center
Maine Medical Center is a complete health care resource for the people of greater Portland, the entire state of Maine, and northern New England. Incorporated in 1868, MMC is the states largest medical center, licensed for 637 beds and employing more than 9,600 people. Maine Medical Centers unique role as both a community hospital and a referral center requires an unparalleled depth and breadth of services, including the states only allopathic medical school program, through a partnership with Tufts University School of Medicine, and a world-class biomedical research center, the Maine Medical Center Research Institute.
Maine Medical Center is the flagship hospital of MaineHealth, which is an integrated health network comprising 12 local hospital and other health facilities that touch central, southern, and western Maine and eastern New Hampshire. The collaboration of MaineHealths local organizations allows greater availability to community health improvement programs, access to clinical trials and research, and shared electronic medical records.
Situated on the Maine coast, Portland offers the best of urban sophistication combined with small-town friendliness. Just two hours north of Boston, this is an exceptionally diverse and vibrant community.
MaineHealth values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Federal and state laws prohibit discrimination in employment because of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.
Apply on company website