Mantey Heights Rehabilitation & Care Center is a beautiful community in Grand Junction, CO, with more than 80 units offering skilled nursing care.Key Responsibilities
At this time, we are seeking a CO licensed RN - Restorative Nurse Coordinator to join our team!
- Provides, plans, coordinates/manages nursing rehab/restorative care needs of residents.
- Supervises restorative nursing care provided by Restorative Nursing Assistants.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organizational policies and applicable laws (prepare work assignments, prepare performance evaluations, monitor and correct job performance).
- Reviews restorative care policies, procedures, manuals, etc., at least annually, and participate in making recommended changes.
- Interprets restorative care policies and procedures to personnel, residents, family members, etc., as necessary.
- Participates in discharge planning, development and implementation of resident care plans, resident assessments, as necessary.
- Assists the Quality Improvement and MDS Coordinator in developing, implementing, and maintaining an ongoing quality assurance program for restorative care services.
- Assists the Quality Improvement Committee in developing and implementing appropriate plans of action to correct identified deficiencies.
- Works with the facility's consultants and therapists as necessary and implement recommended changes as required.
- Makes written and oral reports/recommendations to the DON or Administrator, as necessary/required, concerning restorative care services.
- Performs administrative duties.
- Others duties as directed by the Administrator.
- Active RN license as required by state regulations to be maintained in good standing (This position must be filled by a licensed RN.)
- Requires good nursing assessment skills and insight into restorative process
- Current knowledge of restorative nursing requirements as they pertain to Section G, H, P3 of the MDS.
DaytimeAbout Five Star
Five Star Senior Living Inc., a national healthcare and senior living provider headquartered in Newton, Massachusetts, proudly offers the highest quality service and care with the warmth and hospitality of home. Founded in 2000, Five Star has two major operating division: Five Star Senior Living and AGEILITY Physical Therapy Solutions.
The Five Star Senior Living division includes more than 280 Independent Living, Assisted Living, Alzheimer's/Memory Care, Healthcare Centers with Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation and Continuing Care Retirement Communities. With communities in over 30 states and more than 25,000 team members, Five Star is committed to maximizing our residents' independence and enhancing their lifestyles.
The Ageility division provides both inpatient and outpatient services to over 150 communities. These services are provided both within Five Star and to customers externally. We offer Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapy Services. Our specialty programs includes our Step up to Stop falls Program, "Connections" our memory care therapy program, and our executive functioning program that focuses on cognitive strategies aimed at keeping our residents independent in areas such as medication management and house hold functions.
Five Star prohibits discrimination against any applicant or employee with regard to or on the basis of race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, ancestry, sex, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity and expression (including transgender), sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, military status, certain criminal records, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), HIV testing, a personal admission to a facility for the care and treatment of a mentally ill person and taking of parental leave or membership in any other category protected by applicable law. In addition to federal requirements, Five Star complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has communities and/or facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
In addition, Five Star expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, ancestry, sex, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity and expression (including transgender), sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, military status, certain criminal records, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), HIV testing, a personal admission to a facility for the care and treatment of a mentally ill person and taking of parental leave or membership in any other category protected by applicable law. We will not tolerate harassment of employees in the workplace, or in other settings in which employees may find themselves in connection with their employment. Improper interference with the ability of Five Star's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination harassment or retaliation, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any federal, state, or local law is prohibited and will not be tolerated.
Apply on company website