OVERVIEW: The Certified Marine Technician is responsible for the repair and overhaul of boats, machinery and trailers. KEY TASKS:
- Examines boat and effectively communicates the nature and extent of damage or malfunction with the service advisor
- Perform diagnostics and repair of all types of marine engines and transmissions/drives/generators/air conditioning systems.
- Perform mechanical repair work such as:
- Remove and repair engine, transom or outdrive
- disassemble unit and inspect parts for wear
- overhaul or replace carburetors, blowers, generators, distributors, starters, pumps, electrical and fuel systems
- rebuild parts such as engine cylinder blocks
- rewire ignition system, lights and instrument panel
- install and repair accessories such as radios and marine electronics
- Operate a hydraulic jack or hoist as needed.
- Advise shop management and insurance adjusters as to necessary repairs.
- Complete repair work utilizing service scheduler and SSO's within the established timeframe
- Ensure all warranty work is completed according to manufacture's and MarineMax guidelines
- Safely operate MarineMax and customer vessels during diagnostic water testing operations
- Maintain MarineMax tools in good condition and according to guidelines
- Maintain and keep current with all certifications
- Other duties as assigned
- Internal/external customer satisfaction/FANS
- Timely and accurate completion of work
- Maintain 100% productivity.
- Maintain minimum number of comebacks
- Graduation from Marine Technical School
- Mercruiser Certified and/or Yamaha Certified
- Certified in generator repairs, air conditioning, electronics and electrical repairs
- Familiar with the factory warranty process
- Basic safety training including boat handling and trailering
Apply on company website