Retail Market Development Representative
MarketSource is a premier field sales, training, and visual presence firm that delivers innovative and customized retail solutions for leading consumer technology manufacturers. MarketSource specializes in representing top manufacturers of wireless, consumer electronics, connected device and home appliances by providing professional sales, training, and visual presence teams. These teams deliver these services within various wireless, consumer electronics and home improvement retail chains throughout the US and Canada. MarketSource is focused on building and executing successful retail programs. We create programs that help our client's sales, better sales are MarketSourced.
This Retail Market Development Representative is an hourly position that will specialize in training and brand advocacy, assisted sales, demo days and visual presence in the wireless and National retail space. The Retail Market Development Manager is at the forefront of our sales and marketing efforts to support clients' sales at the retail wireless store level. The qualified individual must possess a strong passion for success, an abundance of energy committing to deliver superior service and performance for our clients. The ideal candidate must be self-motivated, goal oriented, enthusiastic and a team player excited to learn and grow as a member of the MarketSource retail team. Additionally, the candidate must be able to comfortably explain wireless technology, educate consumers and retail sales associates while building meaningful relationships within their assigned market. Market Development Representative must be able to make quality sales/training presentations, comfortable interacting with consumers, and accurately execution of visual presence objectives.
• Responsible for establishing and maintaining professional business relationships with retail store personnel
• Duties include creating consumer awareness, brand awareness, and product mind share for the MarketSource client at the retail store level through training, assisted sales, demo days and visual presence
• Ability to influence others sharing enthusiasm for the brand and the product line
• Position requires gathering product competitive intelligence at the store and market level
• Maximize sales in retail accounts through assisted
• Effectively collect and communicate product information/data through appropriate channels
• Ability to visually assess on-site needs i.e., product and promotional/marketing material, inventory levels
• Ability to troubleshoot and resolve challenges within the stores, such as product display issues
• Work with MarketSource Program Management to create and implement strategic market plans to increase sales
• Meet, or exceed compliance and client initiatives to continuously improve the quality of visits and client satisfaction
• Responsible for completion of all assigned visits within designated territory.
• Participate in training sessions and conference calls as required.
• Must have weekday availability along with some weekend availability this may include participation in after business hours events, or industry tradeshows.
Must use a web enabled device (smartphone or tablet) with iOS or Android with an active data plan.
Must be comfortable conducting business impact conversations with retail management and market leadership on the business value proposition of client products.
Must be eligible to work in the US.
• Confidence engaging customers and employees in a retail environment
• 1-2 years of customer facing retail wireless sales experience preferred; retail wireless management is a plus
• Good technical knowledge and experience with wireless handsets
• Technically mobile savvy and computer proficient.
• Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written.
• Must have the willingness and ability to build relationships at the retail store level.
• Friendly demeanor, easy to approach, enthusiastic, energetic, and goal oriented.
• Comfortable conducting group trainings, wireless retail sales, demonstration or presentation experience a plus
• Quick learner, self-motivated
• Possess a high degree of initiative, exercises judgment and exhibits a high level of creativity
• Positive, flexible and focused, with an emphasis on a can do, hands on approach and philosophy.
• High School, or GED equivalent required; associate or 4-year college degree preferred
Physical Job Requirements:
• Bending, stooping, reaching, twisting, lifting, pushing, pulling, walking, standing, and moving items.
• Requires the ability to move around the store and maneuver merchandise when necessary to assist customers.
• Ability to travel to multiple stores each day within home markets
• Ability to lift 25 pounds independently
MarketSource is an Equal Opportunity Employer
MarketSource is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
San Fran Candidates only: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Los Angeles Candidates only: We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 877-883-4575.
Apply on company website