To ensure that deliveries to our Customers are carried out in an efficient manner following specified MBUK delivery procedures.
Major duties & responsibilities:
PRIOR TO DEPARTING DEPOT
- All vehicles must be checked for defects and reported to the garage for repair
- Goods must be checked they are correct and secure
- The delivery schedule must be followed, with arrival and departure times logged on journey sheet
- Ensure that the Transport Office is informed of any problems such as delays, breakdowns or delivery problems
- Delivery procedures set by MBUK to be carried out e.g. checking of P.O.D. goods, temperature probing of goods, completing PDA process
- Every delivery must be signed by the relevant restaurant Manager
ON COMPLETION OF JOURNEY
- Clean the inside of vehicle
- Refuel the unit and fridge unit
- Park vehicle as directed by Shunter
- Be de-briefed about journey by Transport Office
- To complete any other duties as required by Management
- Carry out drivers duties with due regard to legislation in respect of LGV drivers and submit tachographs on a weekly basis for analysis by the Company
- To follow the companies Safe Working Procedures at all times
- Strong H&S awareness.
- Collections and deliveries for various customers at different locations around the country
- Dealing with ambient, chilled and frozen products
- Checking products and carrying out the necessary paperwork
- Understanding of driving legislation governing the use of tachographs and working hours.
- C+E Licence for a minimum of two years.
- Experience of driving large goods vehicles to a high standard and be accident free for at least 3 years.
- Knowledge and previous experience of refrigerated trailers.
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to changes at short notice to meet the demands placed on MBUK by our customer.
- Calm under pressure.
- Strong H&S awareness.
- Level 2 (or equivalent) English and Maths (Essential)
- Drivers CPC to be completed (Essential)
- Good level of computer literacy (Essential)
- Knowledge of vehicle and refrigeration system (Essential)
- Understanding of EC drivers' hours & EC working time directive regulations (Essential)
- Experience of working with refrigerated vehicles (Desirable)
- Accepts and adapts to changes
- Learns new skills to meet new needs of the business
- Suggests changes and improvements
Quality Work Output
- Produces quality work
- Follows safety practices and compliance policies
- Uses time wisely and gets things done
- Meets or exceeds deadlines
- Takes responsibility for own actions
- Supports the company's mission, vision and values
- Meets or exceeds customer needs
- Responds to requests in a timely manner
- Takes initiative to meet customers' needs
- Uses materials, processes and tools efficiently
- Takes initiative to solve problems
- Does the most important work first
- Gets things done while still upholding ethics, integrity, compliance and company values
- Works with others to get things done
- Openly shares feedback and information that helps the team
- Treats others with respect
- Is approachable to others
- Listens so others feel heard
- Develops relationships built on trust
This list is not intended to be exhaustive. During the course of your employment the duties of the role may change from time to time to meet changing business circumstances. In the interests of flexibility the Company reserves the right to ask that you perform duties instead of or in addition to your normal duties provided that these duties are reasonable and within your capabilities.
About Martin Brower
Martin Brower is dedicated to being the leading Supply Chain Solutions provider for restaurant chains around the world, creating an outstanding work environment for our employees and delivering unmatched value for our customers while protecting their brands. Martin Brower is part of the Reyes Holdings family of businesses which is one of the largest privately held companies in the U.S.
Martin Brower has been in business for over 60 years and has grown to a multi-billion dollar company. We are a world class team of 9,000 employees located in 19 countries.
Our values drive our culture of People First, which is focused on the safety and wellness of our people and we work diligently every day to support this core value.
We set the highest standards of honesty and integrity and pride ourselves in being a true partner with our customers, suppliers and our communities protecting their brands every step of the way.
Our company could not exist without strong communities. We do our part in making them stronger and believe it is important to provide opportunities for those looking to challenge themselves and serve as ambassadors in their communities.
Imagine a workplace where strong leaders empower a culture where employees strive to deliver unmatched performance, innovation, and engagement.
Apply on company website