MGB Integrated Care is a system-led operating entity formed by Mass General Brigham to develop new high-quality, low-cost, innovativecommunity-based ambulatory care. This work stems from Mass General Brighams unified system strategyto bring health care closer to patients while lowering total health care costs. MGB IC will provide a wide range of offerings, including outpatient surgery, imaging, primary care, behavioral and mental health, and specialty care, both digitally as well as at physical locationsacross the state and region.
We aspire to be peoplesfirst choicefor health and care rooted inwell-being and kindnessby bringing world-class care closer tohome (or at home!)andbeing thebridgeto world-renowned hospitals and research when needed.
We are looking for team members who possess not only the relevant skills and growth potential, but positive attitudes, flexibility, and creative mindsets to join our expanding team. Opportunities exist for team members to contribute both in their primary domain as well as in other areas of the organization.
The Opportunity: Physician Psychiatry
Why This Role Is Important
As a key member of the clinical team, the Psychiatrist will report to the Medical Director of Behavioral Health and will provide the full scope of outpatient psychiatric services that fall under his/her field of training, including but not limited to diagnosis, treatment, and coordination of care. This position will work closely with the primary care team to integrate behavioral health care with primary care.
Leveraging virtual care solutions, including an Always On 24/7 platform, the Psychiatrist will collaborate with internal teams to communicate with and treat patients in both face-to-face and a virtual setting. This individual is comfortable with change and interested in working in an evolving environment where tools to provide care are frequently updated and improved.
What Youll Work On
The Psychiatrist will be primarily accountable for:
- Diagnosing and treating patients via telemedicine or in-person, including recommending suitable treatment plans and considering cost-effective treatment modalities
- Providing indirect consultation to colleagues on patient care, including through eConsults and collaborative care
- Counseling each patient on a wellness plan; providing medical and wellness education (facilitated by members of the Integrated Care team)
- Prescribing medication in accordance with Massachusetts statute and professional practice guidelines
- Collaborating and communicating with primary and specialty care as appropriate
- Reviewing incoming reports (e.g. lab, X-ray, EKG) and signing, dating and following up in a timely manner
- Documenting the necessary elements of the care provided and treatment plan in the patient record in a timely manner
- Participating in peer review, quality assurance, provider meetings, and other clinical meetings
- Assisting in updating / implementing protocols and principles of practice as requested
- Partnering with a multidisciplinary team (including but not limited to primary care, other onsite specialty services, etc.) to provide seamless, coordinated care to patients
- Graduate of accredited medical school with degree of Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy (DO)
- Completion of accredited residency
- Board certification in specialty (if newly graduated from residency, must be obtained within 3 years of graduation); must be kept current
- Unrestricted license to practice within Massachusetts and/or New Hampshire
- Current DEA certificate without restriction, with the buprenorphine prescribing waiver (or willing to complete training and apply for waiver within the first six months)
Key Attributes We Are Looking For
- Empathetic: To all members of the care team, regardless of role
- Good listener: Able to use insight and empathy to communicate with patients and team members
- Humble: Appreciating the diverse perspectives that come from cross-disciplinary team members
- Reliable: Following through on commitments
- Passionate & Curious: Approaching challenges with an open mind and a sense of optimism and curiosity
Preferred Experience We Hope You Have
- Flexibility and interest in working in a telemedicine environment
- Experience/interest in working as part of integrated behavioral health teams
- Comfort using new technology and software
- A kind and compassionate individual who has experience helping others using technology
How Well Support You
- Productive and positive team-based environment
- Collaborative approach to delivering high-quality relationship-centered care
- Opportunities for ongoing professional development and growth
- Opportunities to provide feedback and contribute to innovation across MGB Integrated Care
- Primary location: Remote and onsite
- Occasional local travel for management meetings
- Monday to Friday, occasional weekends and extended hours
- Job type: Full-time
How You Can Apply
Please apply with a resume and cover letter that answers the below questions:
- What attracted you to MGB Integrated Care? Why?
- Which of your relationships do you value most? What do they mean to you? How did you form these relationships and how do you sustain them?
- What does good leadership look like to you?
About Us MGB Integrated Care is a system-led operating entity formed by Mass General Brigham to develop...
Apply on company website