Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world's fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Job TitleLead Database EngineerJob Title:
Lead, Database Engineering
Database Service Delivery manage our databases, with a goal to deliver secure, scalable and resilient infrastructure and software deployment capability for global solutions.
Provide subject matter expertise for the administration of production, pre-production, UAT and development database systems and assist with input on design of the database tier and operations for our global payments solution.
Deliver a robust, scalable and high performance production database environment working with system engineers, database developers and senior database
• Responsible for installation, configuration, creation and administration of Oracle Databases.
• Implement proactive monitoring of all databases to predict and diagnose the majority of problems before they impact application performance or user experience
• Configure and manage replication using Golden Gate and Streams Replication technology
• Undertake periodic upgrades of database schema and perform testing and verification of released database schema upgrades
• Support the installation and configuration of Oracle RAC (Real Application Clusters) Databases for high availability;
• Work on maintaining Oracle database security (roles, privileges, authentication);
• Support Oracle table partitioning and maintenance, as well as Oracle GoldenGate bidirectional replication;
• Create and maintain documentation, procedures and best practice guides for database deployment and maintenance
• Work with development and other support teams to participate in release and change management processes to implement new features/functions as well apply mandatory patches or upgrades.
• Given the nature of the organisation and the environment MPGS, the role may occasionally require out of standard hours work to minimise customer impact during deployment or maintenance activities.
All About You
• Extensive experience in Oracle and tuning with extensive experience as a Senior Database Administrator in medium or larger organisations.
• Highly proficient in Oracle with a solid understanding of database concepts (e.g. entity-relationship modelling, nth normal form, Object-relational mapping)
• Thorough understanding and significant experience of database backup and recovery, performance monitoring and tuning, data manipulation and migration and advanced replication technologies (Golden Gate Replication).
• Experience installating and configuring Oracle RAC
• Strong technical knowledge of database architecture, data storage and management principles, with experience using related technologies
• Experience with High Availability architectures
• Experience in implementation & support of NoSQL technology (Cassandra)
• Exposure to or good experience within the financial services/payments industry environment (e.g Banking, Credit Card Scheme)
• Experience with web technologies and Unix shell scripting
• Bachelor's Degree or the equivalent qualification/industry experience within IT/eCommerce
• Any Enterprise Database certification is a desirable qualification
• Hands on approach to problem solving
• Strong communication skills both written and verbal coupled with strong problem solving skills
• Exposure and practice with any or all of the following is a plus: Remedy, Jenkins, ITIL, CMM, Six Sigma, Agile, Scrum, and Kanban
• Positive attitude with the ability to adapt and be flexible within a fast paced environment
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Apply on company website