Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world's fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Job TitleLead Software Development EngineerOverview
Emerging Payments at MasterCard is leading the development to provide new capabilities to consumers leading the evolution of payments products from traditional to digital.
Within Emerging Payments, the User Experience Design & Implementation is a combination of user researchers, user interface designers, visual designers and prototyping that work collaboratively to develop engaging and highly usable products.
The Lead UI is a tinkerer who is at home in code and passionate about design.
This individual must be a wizard in front end web technologies with a solid understanding of Accessibility best practices and Human Interface Guidelines. Experience building native mobile (either iOS or Android) applications is a plus.
The Lead UI must be able to rapidly generate and iterate on prototypes built in code, as well as prototyping tools such as inVision and Proto.io.
This individual must be comfortable working with designers to create functional prototypes in a range of fidelities for proof of concept and usability testing.
This practitioner must be a creative problem solver with explicit attention to detail especially in the areas of interaction design, mobile interaction patterns, and animation.
This person must be comfortable working within an Agile methodology and be able to lead a team of 4-6 UI developers
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with strong relationship, collaborative and organizational skills
- Excellent UX/UI design experience for Web applications (traditional browser and .mobi). Experience with Responsive Design techniques and CSS Preprocessors (LESS, SASS) and Libraries (Bootstrap)
- In depth knowledge of current and emerging Web technologies with a focus on user interface
- Ability to rapidly generate usable prototypes in a range of fidelities in order to best suit project phase and business needs
- Familiarity with UX design processes and enthusiasm about participation in said process
- Experience with Vue/VueX and node.js are highly desired, but not required
- A quality-focused mindset is required; familiarity with front-end testing tools and methodologies expected
- Accessibility from a UI perspective
In addition to the above, the following are highly desirable:
- Agile/scrum methodologies
- E-commerce/payment experience
- Native mobile UI design/implementation experience, either iOS or Android (or both!)
All About You
• Are you excited about the digital payments and commerce space?
• Are you excited about rapid prototyping?
• Have you worked in conjunction with UX teams in the past?
• Do you approach software development as an iterative process with users at its center?
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Apply on company website