Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world's fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Job TitleManaging ConsultantOverview
Mastercard Advisors, the professional services arm of Mastercard, provides near real-time transaction data and proprietary analysis, data-driven consulting, and marketing services solutions to help clients optimize, streamline, and grow their businesses.
Mastercard Advisors is comprised of three synergistic business units with distinct P&Ls: Consulting Services, Information Services, and Managed Services.
• Consulting Services business unit is charged with combining professional problem-solving skills with deep payments expertise to address the challenges and opportunities of its clients, enhance Mastercard's strategic and tactical performance and establish Mastercard's global thought-leadership preeminence.
• Information Services is responsible for the direct monetization of MasterCard's differentiated data asset.
• Managed Services is charged with providing superior executional services and turn-key solutions by leveraging MasterCard's unique differentiated data asset and exceptional modeling and analytical capabilities on behalf of large and small clients.
These business units are supported by Advanced Analytics, Advisors Promotion & Marketing, Information Technologies & Advisors Technology Integration, Data Acquisition & Business Development, Human Resources & Development, Finance, Operations, Law and a Project Management Office.
As Managing Consultant, in our Consulting Services business unit your responsibilities will include:
• delivering top quality work in the consulting services business
• Function as a project manager for delivery projects
• Rigorously and logically identify issues covering client problems in the projects managed
• Generate key hypotheses and independently structures work at the project level
• Develop effective working relationships with mid- to senior-level client management
• Synthesize analyses into clear, sound recommendations
• Identify creative and useful additional analyses required and suggest new paradigms for recommendations
• Independently assess client agenda, internal culture and change readiness.
• Create effective, impactful and quality assured storylines and slides at the project level
• Participate in recruiting, training and developing team members
All About You
• Suitable candidates will bring consulting experience from a leading consulting firm is essential
• Experience within a leading financial services provider, with payments/card expertise and experience helping financial institutions and interacting at the leadership level is highly regarded however not essential
• Demonstrate excellent analytical, communication (verbal and written) and influencing skills
• You enjoy working as a team member and independently and multi-tasking in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment is second nature to you
• You have had some experience in managing complex and large projects and demonstrate the ability to lead a team across multiple countries
• Advanced Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills is required
• Undergraduate degree required, MBA or relevant degree recommended
• You will be based in our Auckland office and will enjoy working across the AP region, especially New Zealand & Australia
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Apply on company website