Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world's fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Job TitlePrincipal Systems Platform ArchitectOverview
The Principal Systems Platform Architect will be responsible for building the technological vision, driving technology strategy, and influencing business partners and technology leaders on strategic direction within Mastercard's Vyze platform, working with engineering leaders, product managers, and other software architects on the definition and delivery of highly scalable and secure solutions.
The Architect will lead efforts focused on financing and payments for Retail POS, Mobile and eCommerce channels. They will partner with Product Management and other engineers, driving research and prototyping to enable platform features in both B2B and B2C domains.
This position not only requires excellent technical skills, but outstanding analytical, leadership and influencing skills, paired with keen business insight. It is a cross-functional leadership role that requires alignment building and communication throughout the engineering and product organizations.
• Determines overall architectural principles, frameworks, and standards
• Accountable for defining and driving software architecture and functionality (scalability, fault tolerance, extensibility, maintainability, etc.)
• Design APIs that define the standard for financing, adhering to industry best practices
• Work in a consultative fashion with other organizations such as security and operations
• Provide leadership to engineers, QE, and product partners
• Drive research, case studies, and prototypes on leading edge technologies to determine how they may be leveraged to achieve business objectives
• Analyzes and provides feedback on product strategy
• Supports the sales / product organizations on gap analysis and solutioning
All About You
• Significant experience with Python, Scala, Java
• Background in Online Payments and Wallets
• Experience with RESTful API design
• Knowledge of Reactive Frameworks
• Experience with Postgres, MySQL, Lagom
• Experience with containers (Docker, Kubernetes and/or similar)
• Knowledge of Cloud hosting providers (AWS, Azure)
• Experience working within an Agile SDLC environment
• Understanding of and experience with capacity planning
• Strong knowledge of service-oriented architecture patterns
• Direct experience with relevant technologies and concepts: APIs, micro services, distributed systems, active/active multiple geographically distributed data centers
• Experience with payment authorization and settlement processes
• Knowledge of W3C and web payments working group https://www.w3.org/Payments/WG/
• Experience with Fraud detection
• Working knowledge of relevant security regulation such as PCI, ISO27001
• Experience with Instrumentation tools like ELK, Splunk, NewRelic
• Knowledge of message-oriented middleware technologies like Kafka, RabbitMQ
• Working knowledge of relevant privacy regulation such as GDPR, GLBA, etc
• Experience as an engineering leader: managing governance processes while also enabling the engineering organization to deliver higher quality and reduce TTM
• Practical development and coding experience
• SCRUM Master a plus
• Ability to actively communicate, inspire and motivate all levels of staff
• Ability to think and act strategically and proactively
• Strong writing and presentation skills
• Strong influencing skills
• Strong leadership skills
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Apply on company website