Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world's fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Job TitleSenior Software Development EngineerBe part of the Operations & Technology Fraud Products team developing new capabilities for MasterCard's Decision Management Platform, which serves as the core for multiple business solutions to combat fraud and validate cardholder identity. Our patented Java-based platform processes billions of transactions per month in tens of milliseconds using a multi-tiered, message-oriented approach for high performance and availability.
• Would you like to develop industry leading solutions for fighting fraud?
• Are you motivated by speeding business solutions to market?
• Do you want to innovate, using cutting edge technologies on challenging business problems?
• Deliver solutions by providing direct development of software.
• Work closely with technical leads for assigned projects to assist in design and
• Assist with production support issues by acting as a subject matter expert in resolving
incidents and problem tickets.
• Plan, design and develop technical solutions and alternatives to meet business requirements
in adherence with Mastercard standards, processes and best practices.
• Lead day to day system development and maintenance activities of the team to meet service
level agreements (SLAs) and create solutions with high level of innovation, cost
effectiveness, high quality and faster time to market.
• Accountable for full systems development life cycle including creating high quality
requirements documents, use-cases, design and other technical artifacts including but not
limited to detailed test strategy/test design, performance benchmarking, release rollout and
deployment plans, contingency/back-out plans, feasibility study, cost and time analysis and
• Participate in PoCs (Proof of Concept) and help the Department with selection of Vendor
Solutions, Technologies, Methodologies and Frameworks.
• Conduct brownbag sessions on new and upcoming technologies, methodologies and
application appropriate frameworks. Ensure knowledge transfer of vendor technology to
Mastercard staff. Provide technical training to the other team members.
• Actively look for opportunities to enhance standards and improve process efficiency. Mentor
and guide other team members during all phases of the SDLC. Ensure adequate test coverage
in Unit Testing, System Testing/Integration Testing and Performance Testing. Perform Quality
Inspections and Walkthroughs throughout the SDLC including Requirements Review, Design
Review, Code Review and Security Review to ensure compliance with Mastercard standards.
All About You
• Must be high-energy, detail-oriented, proactive and have the ability to function under pressure
in an independent environment.
• Must provide the necessary skills to have a high degree of initiative and self-motivation to
• Possesses strong communication skills -- both verbal and written – and strong relationship,
collaborative skills and organizational skills.
• Willingness and ability to learn and take on challenging opportunities and to work as a
member of matrix based diverse and geographically distributed project team.
• Good knowledge of Agile software development processes.
• Experience with the design and development of complex, multi-tier software solutions.
• Comfortable working in a Linux environment, using VI editor and general command line
• Essential Skills:
○ Creating and debugging J2EE REST Web Services and Web Applications
○ Database experience including Oracle and SQL scripting
○ Experience with Spring Framework (including Spring Boot) and Maven
○ Experience writing unit tests with Junit and Mockito
○ Experience working with JBoss and/or Apache Tomcat
○ Experience with Git
• Desirable skills
○ Experience working with containerised environments, such as
○ Experience with integration frameworks such as Apache Camel/Spring Integration
○ Experience with monitoring service performance
○ Experience with Angular 2 or modern SPA frameworks such as React + Redux.
○ Experience with HTML5, ES5+ES6 and/or Typescript, SASS and CSS3.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Apply on company website