Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world's fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Job TitleSenior Software Development EngineerOverview
Mastercard® Smartdata — a leading web based expense management and reporting analytics solution that allows corporates to manage and control their expenses. It allows corporates to seamlessly integrate their accounting platforms and manage their financials.
It is supported by a backend engine (Global Data Repository) that houses and reports enhanced information (daily transactions from MasterCard issuers plus data from vendors such as airlines and hotels).
This position is for a senior developer with a strong focus on both the build and run aspect of the platform. Somebody with an Agile background who has good technical knowledge and experience in software development lifecycle while owning day to day technical challenges of a live platform. Who is comfortable communicating with management, work in scrum teams and collaborate with the operations team to support the platform. This role will be based in our Mastercard technology location in Pune, India that provides a state-of-the-art environment for technology teams to thrive in a collaborative, Agile engineering culture.
• Software development and support of the Smartdata platform working closely with the teams across platform hosted on a stack of diverse technology
• Responsible for addressing technology challenges in times of crisis which need immediate attention on the project development or platform support effort
• Be a part of the scrum team while planning, designing, developing and implementing the technical solutions. Support quarterly platform releases both functionally and technically
• Collaborate with platform architects and lead the overall architecture of all Smart Data technology's solutions with high focus on security, scalability, and high availability.
• Responsible for systems development life cycle including creating high quality use-cases, design and other technical artifacts including but not limited to detailed test strategy/test design, performance bench-marking, release roll-out and deployment plans, contingency/back-out plans, feasibility study, cost and time analysis and detailed estimates.
• Mentor junior team members on best coding practices and design principles with a constant focus on improving team's technical capability and productivity
• Own and drive automation and CI/CD at the platform level
All About You
Demonstrated experience across a diverse technology stack is essential in the right candidate:
• Expertize in Java, J2EE, Web Services (REST, SOAP), Integration patterns, Security standards, Spring boot/batch/MVC, concurrency and threading, Collections
• Understanding of Web/Application servers like Apache Tomcat.
• Good to have Middleware technologies such as JMS/MQ/Apache Kafka
• Knowledge of tools like Sonar, Dynatrace, GIT, Rally, CI (Jenkins)/CD, Splunk is a must
• Knowledge of cloud based hosting concepts, Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF)
Ideally the right candidate would also have exposure to:
• Application Lifecycle Management/Rally
• Payments Card Industry compliance
• UI development experience
• Knowledge of Webseal, F5
• Knowledge of C++, Pearl scripting
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Apply on company website