Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world's fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Job TitleSoftware Engineer- Platforms, Data & ServicesOverview
The Data & Services team is a key differentiator for Mastercard, providing the cutting-edge services that help our customers grow. Focused on thinking big and scaling fast around the globe, this agile team is responsible for end-to-end solutions for a diverse global customer base. Centered on data-driven technologies and innovation, these services include payments-focused consulting, loyalty and marketing programs, business Test & Learn experimentation, and data-driven information and risk management services.
Software Engineer, Data & Services – Platforms
About the Position
As a Software Engineer on the Platforms team, you'll hold a valued role within a rapidly growing and successful firm, working closely with experienced and driven senior engineers to solve problems as a team. Innovative product opportunities, modern business questions, and intricate datasets present uniquely challenging problems that we are eager to take on. Mastercard D&S next generation platform blends industry-leading analytics, advanced software architecture, and the latest web technologies to face these problems. Our software is required to effectively decipher analytically complex insights from these problems, on which businesses base multi-million dollar business decisions.
Engineers work in small, flexible teams. Every team member contributes to designing, building, and testing features. The range of work you encounter varies from front-end web development to writing server side calculation code to database work, and beyond. There are no rigid organizational structures, and each team uses processes that work the best for that team members and projects.
Join a fast growing team
At Mastercard D&S, you will build revolutionary products that advance how businesses all over the world seize the most value from their data. As a Software Engineer on the Core Platforms team, you will:
• Build common libraries, infrastructure, and APIs used by other developers, data engineers, and others within the organization
• Automate existing extract, transform, and load (ETL) processes enabling clients to access their most up-to-date data in real time
• Lead projects from design through release
• Play a central role in developing a fast and powerful suite of web applications, and drive valuable improvements to the capabilities of our product
• Continuously innovate and determine new technologies and approaches to deal with larger and larger data sets faster and faster
• Lead and push the boundaries of analytics and powerful, scalable applications
• Collaborate with other NYC based developers and other geographically dispersed teams with exceptional peers who are passionate about what they do
All About You
• Proficiency with advanced object-oriented programming
• Solid technical foundation in full stack web application development
• Passion for analytical / quantitative problem solving
• Motivation, creativity, self-direction, and desire to thrive on small project teams
• Superior academic record with a degree in Computer Science or related technical field
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Apply on company website