Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world's fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Job TitleUX ResearcherThe successful applicant for this newly created role will be responsible for end to end management of all User Research activities within the Mastercard Australian Tech Hub located in St Leonards. We have an established UX Design team who are responsible for ensuring delivery of an optimal User Experience for internal systems, customer facing products and external client projects and we are expanding the internal capabilities of this team by introducing a UX Research team member to run Research activities.
We anticipate that demand for Research activities will expand quickly and therefore we anticipate growing the team quite quickly so this is a great opportunity to join the Research team and help shape the expansion in coming years.
• End to end management of all User Research activities including planning, design, recruitment, execution and analysis/reporting/recommendations
• Utilise variety of research techniques including in-depth interviews, focus groups, concept and prototype testing, lab based / contextual / remote usability testing and online surveys
• Provide thought leadership on what techniques should be used and what questions need to be asked to achieve business objectives
• Manage recruitment of participants through recruitment agency
• Facilitate Usability studies and focus groups for variety of projects (internal and external) across variety of industries
• Effectively communicate user research findings to the team, wider organisation and clients/partners via detailed or lean reports and presentations
• Promote benefits of customer research / customer obsession throughout the organisation
• Align with Research teams across Mastercard globally to ensure consistent delivery of services and also share knowledge across teams
About You / Skills / Qualifications
• Degree or higher degree in psychology, behavioural sciences, HCI or similar.
• 5 + years User research delivery experience in a consultancy, agency or in-house setting.
• Practical experience using a variety of UX research methods (qualitative and quantitative), with a strong awareness of their merits and weaknesses.
• Strong facilitation skills for focus groups, in-depth interviews and usability studies
• Strong analytical skills to analyse results and make meaningful recommendations
• Excellent presentation skills (written and oral) to ensure actionable insights are presented in an exciting and engaging to internal and external stakeholders
• Passionate about user experience and customer research
• A natural people person who works well with various teams including technology, business partners, executives, designers and clients
• Willing to travel - both within Australia and Overseas to support some projects
• Desirable: experience using commercial remote usability tools such as Userzoom
• Desirable: experience working in payments/financial services
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Apply on company website