We are hungry, and we aren't just talking about sandwiches. Come taste success at one of America's largest restaurant franchisees. Want to learn more? Watch our video! (https://vimeo.com/432569073)
Our Mission: Put people at the heart of everything we do
Our Values: Genuine Hospitality, Employee Development, Growth & Profitability, Operational Excellence, Products & Safety, Community Involvement
About The Saxton Group
Established in 1982, The Saxton Group has a proven track record within the restaurant industry. We are one of the largest and fastest growing franchisees within the McAlister's Deli system, currently owning and operating 85+ restaurants throughout Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, Missouri, Iowa, and Nebraska. Through successful leadership and solid management, our Company is expanding at a rapid pace with McAlister's Deli, creating job opportunities in many different markets. At The Saxton Group, we're a unified team with one mission: to put people at the heart of everything we do. This extends to every area of our operations and requires behind-the-scenes support in a variety of roles.
About the Shift Manager Position
Our restaurants are open seven days a week. Due to the nature of our business, there are never any "set" schedules; schedules vary and hours may change each week. Hours can increase or decrease depending on the following conditions: staffing levels, improvement opportunity, new store openings, and the management team's performance. Our management team's responsibilities include but, are not limited to: hiring, training, scheduling, managing labor expenses, running successful shifts, building business, marketing, product orders, invoice entry, inventory, calculating food cost, and other expense supervision. We teach our managers the business of restaurants therefore they are aware of, track, and control every expense within the restaurant and are knowledgeable of all components of the budget and expectations. Our concept is customer driven and centered, with managers spending a great deal of time in the dining room during rushes and being working-managers during slower times. We are a very hands-on company that leads by example. Our management team supervises, mentors, and works directly with our valued staff members daily in order to coach, grow, and develop our people and our restaurant. Work schedule set weekly at supervisor discretion and includes weekends and nights.
- One year of management related experience
- Open availability (50 hours/week) with ability to work opening, mid, and closing shifts
- Minimum age requirement of 18 years of age. Valid driver's license and reliable transportation also required
- Ability to read, write, and communicate in English, as it relates to the job and safety regulations
- Ability to participate in all company training and orientations. Depending on training location, this may require overnight travel
- Ability to work the schedule/assigned times and overtime, as necessary, for the position
- Ability to lead and direct team members in an effective and professional manner
- Flexibility and willingness to work with all personality types from management and team members
Expectations and Responsibilities
- Ensure excellent guest service (hospitality) is provided
- Adhere to all TSG policies, procedures, and practices
- Ability to perform all job functions safely
- Ability to meet the company performance standards and expectations for the job
- Ability to use, or learn to use, the equipment and tools used to perform the job, including POS computers, office computers, and Microsoft Office programs
- Resolve any guest issues or complaints, as needed
- Manage all front-of-house and back-of-house procedures and issues, as needed
- Control labor costs with basic knowledge
- Willingness to utilize authority with other employees if situation warrants
- Ability to complete all other tasks and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor
- Maintain restaurant cleanliness standards set by local health departments and The Saxton Group
Benefits and Perks!
- Performance-based pay
- Same day pay with Instant (instant.co)
- Medical, dental, vision, voluntary accident, and critical illness insurance
- Performance-based monthly bonus program (approximately 10-15% of base pay)
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Pet Insurance
- Long and short-term disability - 100% employer paid
- Basic life and AD&D insurance - 100% employer paid
- Additional voluntary life insurance
- Health & dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Identity theft protection & emergency travel assistance
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- 401(k) Plan with employer match!
- Free meals
- Great opportunities for growth
- Flexible Schedule
- And who doesn't love Perks! Work for us and receive exclusive discounts on sporting events, movie tickets, concerts, theater, hotels, rental cars, and theme park tickets nationwide. The list goes on!
- We're a no grease zone! You won't go home smelling like an old French fry. Our work environment is clean and safe. No char broilers, fryers, or flattop grills
- No late nights. All our restaurants are closed by 10:00 p.m.
- No alcohol. Smoke free environment
- Heavy lunch time business
- Ability to work within all physical requirements of the position, which include but are not limited to: walking and standing during an entire shift or extensive periods of time, reach upwards or outward, twist, turn around, bending, carrying, stooping, wiping, lifting and emptying trashcans, climb up on a ladder in a timely fashion, perform job tasks repetitiously at a very rapid pace for extensive periods of time, work in an environment with temperature fluctuations, and ability to move or handle up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
Apply on company website