At McKinstry, we're proud to be a collective group of innovators and problem-solvers, builders and engineers, mentors and students. We strive to create a safe and engaging work environment that empowers you to do the work you are passionate about.
We believe deeply that energy and facility services, engineering and construction are revolutionizing the built environment – and if you're driven by our mission to transform ideas into meaningful relationships and together, build a thriving planet, McKinstry may be the place for you. Serving our community together is one of the ways we at McKinstry put our shared purpose into action.
Total collaboration and a diverse, employee-centric work experience are what we can provide you. Integrated delivery and true consultative partnership is what you will help us provide for our clients. Our culture is what differentiates us and because of this, we seek exceptional talent that believes what we believe.
Here's where you come in:
We are currently seeking a Senior Account Executive to join our Fire Protection team in Seattle, Washington.
You're great at:
- Building new customer relationships through sound business development practices
- Nurturing existing customer base and solve issues with clients when they arise
- Securing contracts by leveraging new and existing customer relationships
- Reading and interpreting construction plans, specs, contracts, proposals
- Fostering clear communication between the customers and the construction team to create a smooth transition that drives customer satisfaction
- Delegating accounts to Account Executives based on area, experience, vertical market, or strategic business goal
- Utilizing knowledge of Fire Protection and sprinkler system layout and design to create accurate estimates
What we would like to see from you:
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and cloud-based software systems
- Bachelor's degree in business, engineering, construction management or equivalent business experience
- Experience with Fire Protection systems preferred
- Two (2) years of experience leading and closing sales required; experience within the construction industry highly desired
- Ability to read and interpret construction plans, specs, contracts, proposals and estimates
- Knowledge of conceptual estimating preferred
- Washington State ITT, NICET Level II or greater in Inspections, testing and Maintenance preferred
- Knowledge of all applicable codes and standards
- Understands and able to correctly interpret RFP packages including all associated drawings, specifications
- Able to identify and effectively communicate any risks associated with project type, customer/GC, construction type, schedule and market trends
- Skilled in negotiation, active listening, rapport building, and conflict resolution
- Skilled in effective qualification of opportunities
The McKinstry group of companies are equal opportunity employers. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, race, color, creed, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to employment, advancement, assignment, and training.
McKinstry is committed to strengthening our diversity through recruiting and retaining minority and women professionals from all backgrounds. Our commitment is consistent with our recognition that it is the outstanding people within McKinstry who have always been the source of our strength. We recognize that promoting diversity is an integral component of our continuing quest for organizational excellence.
This commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity is made equally as a social responsibility and as an economic and business necessity.
McKinstry is a drug-free workplace. Employment is contingent upon successfully passing a pre-employment drug and alcohol test, complying with the requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act and a Confidentiality Agreement, in addition to successful outcomes of background and reference checks.
Anyone with questions or concerns regarding Equal Employment Opportunity should contact their direct supervisor or the Human Resources Department without fear of retaliation of any kind.
Apply on company website