At McKinstry, we're proud to be a collective group of innovators and problem-solvers, builders and engineers, mentors and students. We strive to create a safe and engaging work environment that empowers you to do the work you are passionate about.
We believe deeply that energy and facility services, engineering and construction are revolutionizing the built environment – and if you're driven by our mission to transform ideas into meaningful relationships and together, build a thriving planet, McKinstry may be the place for you. Serving our community together is one of the ways we at McKinstry put our shared purpose into action.
Total collaboration and a diverse, employee-centric work experience are what we can provide you. Integrated delivery and true consultative partnerships are what you will help us provide for our clients. Our culture is what differentiates us and because of this, we seek exceptional talent that believes what we believe.
Here's where you come in:
We are currently seeking a Senior Billings Specialist to join our team as a member of our growing Service Washington division.
You're great at:
- Able to perform all duties of the Billing Specialist which includes billing across all company entities
- Perform as an SME for peers as issues come up
- Review and compile complex billing packages timely and in compliance with project requirements; lien waivers, AIA, schedule of values, portals.
- Work with AR Supervisor to oversee the billing specialists' daily activities.
- Research billing discrepancies and process billing adjustments.
- Proactively identify billing issues and works with appropriate business partners to resolve them.
- Conduct research and analysis.
- Answer questions on technical billings and accounting tasks and escalated issues.
- Collect sub-tier lien releases from vendors
- Handle incoming inquiries (by phone, email, in-person)
- Provide audit support.
- Create, maintain, and update processes and procedure documentation
- Cross train new hires.
- Assist in interviewing and training new employees.
- Demonstrate leadership and guides existing team members
- Assist the Accounts Receivable department in all projects.
- Work with a variety of internal teams to help maintain an open, effective relationship with internal and external clients.
Perform other duties as assigned.
What we would like to see from you:
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Visio required; working knowledge of SharePoint preferred.
- Associate degree (AA) in Business, Accounting, or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- 4-6 years of experience in Accounts Receivable with emphasis on billing/invoicing preferred.
- Knowledge of automated accounting and construction management software preferred.
- Construction industry experience preferred.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills required.
- Demonstrates strong attention to detail, organizational, problem-solving and analytical skills required.
- Exceptional time management and prioritization skills preferred.
- Self-motivated; deadline-oriented with strong attention to detail required.
- Professional, positive and friendly attitude at all times required.
- Willingness to learn and assume additional duties preferred.
- Certified notary preferred.
The McKinstry group of companies are equal opportunity employers. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, race, color, creed, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to employment, advancement, assignment, and training.
McKinstry is committed to strengthening our diversity through recruiting and retaining minority and women professionals from all backgrounds. Our commitment is consistent with our recognition that it is the outstanding people within McKinstry who have always been the source of our strength. We recognize that promoting diversity is an integral component of our continuing quest for organizational excellence.
This commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity is made equally as a social responsibility and as an economic and business necessity.
McKinstry is a drug-free workplace. Employment is contingent upon successfully passing a pre-employment drug and alcohol test, complying with the requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act and a Confidentiality Agreement, in addition to successful outcomes of background and reference checks.
Anyone with questions or concerns regarding Equal Employment Opportunity should contact their direct supervisor or the Human Resources Department without fear of retaliation of any kind.
Apply on company website