At McKinstry, we're proud to be a collective group of innovators and problem solvers, builders and engineers, mentors and students. We strive to create an engaging work environment that empowers you to do the work you are passionate about.
We believe deeply that energy and facility services, engineering and construction are revolutionizing the built environment – and if you're driven by our mission to transform ideas into meaningful relationships and together, build a thriving planet, McKinstry may be the place for you. Serving our community together is one of the ways we at McKinstry put our shared purpose into action.
Total collaboration and a diverse, employee-centric work experience are what we can provide you. Integrated delivery and true consultative partnership is what you will help us provide for our clients. Our culture is what differentiates us and because of this, we seek exceptional talent that believes what we believe.
Here's where you come in:
We are currently seeking a Commissioning Engineer to join our amazing team as a member of our growing Technical Services division in Denver, CO.
You're great at:
- Providing recommendations and feedback regarding the design, equipment selection, test and balance requirements, maintainability, and potential enhancements of the system.
- Assessing the capability of system(s) and documentation to achieve the design intent.
- Understanding the design concept and intent by reviewing system documents, including drawings and scheduled equipment.
- Reviewing documentation for accuracy and completeness and verifying the system installation and functional performance are per McKinstry design standards, industry best practices, commissioning standards, and project specifications.
- Developing and managing project specific commissioning plans, procedures, and schedules from pre-start to test-adjust-balance field work.
- Conducting coordination meetings as needed with owners, project management, and contractor commissioning teams.
- Maintaining, tracking and operating test equipment.
- Developing a project specific training agenda and managing the systems training of assigned McKinstry Service mechanics and/or owners representatives.
- Maintaining complete and legible commissioning documentation to be used in the commissioning report.
- Contributing (on behalf of the owner) to the efficient and effective resolution of deficiencies and construction related issues (RFI, ASI etc.)
- Compiling project documentation and transmitting to business and brand services for report publication.
- Communicating noted commissioning issues, questions and concerns through proper channels in a timely manner.
- Working with commissioning manager and teams to schedule required equipment calibrations.
What we would like to see from you:
- Three (3) years of experience operating HVAC test equipment required.
- High school diploma or equivalent or equivalent work experience required.
- BA/BS Mechanical or Electrical Engineering degree or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems required.
- Working knowledge of control systems required.
- Ability to read and understand construction documents (mechanical drawings, specifications, etc.) required.
- Basic understanding of other building system is required (fire/life safety, plumbing, lighting, security).
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite - Word, Excel, and Outlook required; working knowledge of SharePoint preferred
- Ability and willingness to travel.
- Physical ability to walk jobsites in uneven terrain.
The McKinstry group of companies are equal opportunity employers. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, race, color, creed, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to employment, advancement, assignment, and training.
McKinstry is committed to strengthening our diversity through recruiting and retaining minority and women professionals from all backgrounds. Our commitment is consistent with our recognition that it is the outstanding people within McKinstry who have always been the source of our strength. We recognize that promoting diversity is an integral component of our continuing quest for organizational excellence.
This commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity is made equally as a social responsibility and as an economic and business necessity.
McKinstry is a drug-free workplace. Employment is contingent upon successfully passing a pre-employment drug and alcohol test, complying with the requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act and a Confidentiality Agreement, in addition to successful outcomes of background and reference checks.
Anyone with questions or concerns regarding Equal Employment Opportunity should contact their direct supervisor or the Human Resources Department without fear of retaliation of any kind.
Apply on company website