At McKinstry, we're proud to be a collective group of innovators and problem-solvers, builders and engineers, mentors, and students. We strive to create a safe and engaging work environment that empowers you to do the work you are passionate about.
We believe deeply that energy and facility services, engineering and construction are revolutionizing the built environment – and if you're driven by our mission to transform ideas into meaningful relationships and together, build a thriving planet, McKinstry may be the place for you. Serving our community together is one of the ways we at McKinstry put our shared purpose into action.
Total collaboration and diverse, employee-centric work experience are what we can provide you. Integrated delivery and true consultative partnership is what you will help us provide for our clients. Our culture is what differentiates us and because of this, we seek exceptional talent that believes what we believe.
Here's where you come in:
We are currently seeking a Commissioning Engineer to join our amazing Technical Services Midwest team.
You're great at:
- Provide recommendations and feedback regarding the design, equipment selection, test and balance requirements, maintainability, and potential enhancements of the system.
- Assess the capability of the system(s) and documentation to achieve the design intent.
- Understand the design concept and intent by reviewing system construction documentation, including drawings and scheduled equipment.
- Review documentation for compliance with McKinstry design standards, industry best practices, commissioning standards, and project specifications (if applicable).
- Develop project-specific commissioning plans, procedures, and schedules.
- Manage project specific pre-start, start-up, and test-adjust-balance fieldwork.
- Conduct commissioning coordination meetings as needed with the owner, project management, contractor, and other commissioning team members as defined in the commissioning plan.
- Maintain, track and operate test equipment.
- Develop a project-specific training agenda and manage the systems training of assigned McKinstry Service mechanics and/or owner's representatives.
- Maintain complete and legible commissioning documentation to be used in the commissioning report.
- Contribute (on behalf of the owner) to the efficient and effective resolution of deficiencies and construction-related issues (RFI, ASI, etc.)
- Represent McKinstry at project-specific commissioning coordination meetings.
- Compile project documentation and transmit to business and brand services for report publication.
- Know project scope, schedule, and budget; notify project leader if the budget will be exceeded or not in-scope items are being performed early.
- Verify the system installation and functional performance are per McKinstry standards, industry best practices, code requirements, and the contract documents.
- Verify the control system operations, including establishing acceptance criteria, obtaining completed reports from the installing vendor, and direct performing testing and verification.
- Verify that control system work station, graphics, alarm dial out, and remote monitoring capabilities are complete per McKinstry standards and contract documents.
- Review system as-built documentation for accuracy and completeness.
- Communicate noted commissioning issues, questions, and concerns through proper channels in a timely manner.
- Work with the commissioning manager to schedule the required equipment calibrations.
What we would like to see from you:
- Must have demonstrated proficiency for all the responsibilities of a Commissioning Technician.
- Three (3) years of experience operating HVAC test equipment required.
- BA/BS Mechanical or Electrical Engineering degree or equivalent work experience required.
- Working knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems required.
- Working knowledge of control systems required.
- Ability to read and understand construction documents (mechanical drawings, specifications, etc.) required.
- Basic understanding of other building systems (fire/life safety, plumbing, lighting, security) required.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite - Word, Excel, and Outlook required; working knowledge of SharePoint preferred.
The McKinstry group of companies are equal opportunity employers. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, race, color, creed, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to employment, advancement, assignment, and training.
McKinstry is committed to strengthening our diversity through recruiting and retaining minority and women professionals from all backgrounds. Our commitment is consistent with our recognition that it is the outstanding people within McKinstry who have always been the source of our strength. We recognize that promoting diversity is an integral component of our continuing quest for organizational excellence.
This commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity is made equally as a social responsibility and as an economic and business necessity.
McKinstry is a drug-free workplace. Employment is contingent upon successfully passing a pre-employment drug and alcohol test, complying with the requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act and a Confidentiality Agreement, in addition to successful outcomes of background and reference checks.
Anyone with questions or concerns regarding Equal Employment Opportunity should contact their direct supervisor or the Human Resources Department without fear of retaliation of any kind.
Apply on company website