At McKinstry, we're proud to be a collective group of innovators and problem-solvers, builders and engineers, mentors and students. We strive to create a safe and engaging work environment that empowers you to do the work you are passionate about.
We believe deeply that energy and facility services, engineering and construction are revolutionizing the built environment – and if you're driven by our mission to transform ideas into meaningful relationships and together, build a thriving planet, McKinstry may be the place for you.
Total collaboration and a diverse, employee-centric work experience are what we can provide you. Integrated delivery and true consultative partnership is what you will help us provide for our clients. Our culture is what differentiates us and because of this, we seek exceptional talent that believes what we believe.
Here's where you come in:
We are currently seeking a Development Director - Renewables to join the team as a member of our growing Energy South division.
What you're great at:
- Responsible for Renewable Energy deal structuring, synthesizing project finance, contract documents, technical analysis, federal policy, state policy, utility policy into a sellable solution.
- Single point of accountability for developing high quality and creative Renewable Energy solutions to customers.
- Work with clients and development staff to develop technical, high value solutions that solve our client's needs.
- Oversee all direct and indirect project-related activities during development.
- Successfully manage delivering committed project objectives in development including deal structure, scope, schedule, budget, and customer expectations.
- Conceptualize and transition project from initial feasibility to development to implementation team.
- Negotiate customer contracts and minimize organizational risks around scope, schedule, budget, and margin goals.
- Successfully support and/or manage and lead project teams to a common goal of deploying Renewable Energy projects.
- Serve as primary and/or secondary point of contact with customer in partnership with regional account executives.
- Educate internal and external customers of new offerings and solution upgrades.
- Make presentations to a variety of audiences; act as technical subject matter expert.
Business & Market Development
- Position responsible for being the Renewable Energy policy and market expert, continually developing and implementing tailored go-to market strategies for McKinstry's Southwest region.
- Actively and intimately involved with regional market Renewable Energy policy.
- Position specifically focused on commercial behind-the-meter Solar Photovoltaics and Energy Storage projects, but will support all types of Renewable Energy project developments.
- Develop and maintain client relationships at a variety of levels in partnership with regional account executives.
- Develop and define and document project strategies, goals and objectives in partnership with regional account executives.
- Formulate business and sales strategy with team to drive additional work with our customers.
- Support sales staff by generating preliminary assessments, technical solutions, fee proposals, presentations, studies, and other sales support and project development information and materials.
- Maintain relationships with building owners, contractors, consultants and vendors within the industry.
- Mitigate risk on behalf of the company.
- Coach and develop members of regional and project teams with respect to Renewable Energy subject matter, markets, and business opportunities.
- Form and lead successful project teams.
- Mentor assigned project staff.
- Matrix manage cross functional teams.
- Act as steward of McKinstry culture; communicate and influence policies and procedures.
What we'd like you to have:
- BA/BS degree in Business, Finance, Economics, Architecture, or equivalent field of study required.
- Ten (10) years of business, deal structuring, project finance, Renewable Energy, Solar Energy, , project development, real estate and/or facility services project management experience required.
- NABCEP (Sales), CEM, PE, LEED, CPM, Six Sigma, professional designations a plus.
- Intermediate working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook required; working knowledge of SharePoint and CRM preferred.
- Knowledge of:
- Commercial solar & energy storage markets.
- Renewable Energy financing options including Power Purchase Agreements, tax exempt leases, loans, proformas, and utility incentive programs required.
- Knowledge of local Renewable Energy policy in Texas and Arkansas.
- All phases of developing complex owner direct design-build projects preferred.
- Construction management, solar energy modeling calculations, and Renewable Energy industry standards.
- Financial models required.
- Performance contracting preferred.
- Public market MUSH (Municipal, University, Schools, Hospitals) vertical.
- Contractual negotiations, public procurement vehicles required.
- Strong public speaker in front of others, creating and giving technical and sales presentations required.
- Demonstrated experience navigating long, complex, service business sales cycles and approval processes.
The McKinstry group of companies are equal opportunity employers. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, race, color, creed, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to employment, advancement, assignment, and training.
McKinstry is committed to strengthening our diversity through recruiting and retaining minority and women professionals from all backgrounds. Our commitment is consistent with our recognition that it is the outstanding people within McKinstry who have always been the source of our strength. We recognize that promoting diversity is an integral component of our continuing quest for organizational excellence.
This commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity is made equally as a social responsibility and as an economic and business necessity.
McKinstry is a drug-free workplace. Employment is contingent upon successfully passing a pre-employment drug and alcohol test, complying with the requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act and a Confidentiality Agreement, in addition to successful outcomes of background and reference checks.
Anyone with questions or concerns regarding Equal Employment Opportunity should contact their direct supervisor or the Human Resources Department without fear of retaliation of any kind.
Apply on company website