At McKinstry, we're proud to be a collective group of innovators and problem-solvers, builders and engineers, mentors and students. We strive to create a safe and engaging work environment that empowers you to do the work you are passionate about.
We believe deeply that energy and facility services, engineering and construction are revolutionizing the built environment – and if you're driven by our mission to transform ideas into meaningful relationships and together, build a thriving planet, McKinstry may be the place for you. Serving our community together is one of the ways we at McKinstry put our shared purpose into action.
Total collaboration and a diverse, employee-centric work experience are what we can provide you. Integrated delivery and true consultative partnership is what you will help us provide for our clients. Our culture is what differentiates us and because of this, we seek exceptional talent that believes what we believe.
Here's where you come in:
We are currently seeking an Energy Engineer to join our team as a member of our growing Energy division, located in Denver, CO.
You're great at:
- Quantifies facility improvement measures including electrical, mechanical, control, water, wastewater, envelope, solid waste, irrigation, and lighting systems.
- Performs calculations using modeling software, spreadsheets, and utility calculation tools.
- Performs schematic design for building mechanical and lighting systems including drawings and layout and written design narratives.
- Develops Key Performance Indicators for projects.
- Coordinate facility site visits and communicate with outside vendors.
- Coordinate with the Design team to measure feasibility, basis of design and scope of work development.
- Provide technical assistance to the sales team in developing overall projects in a strategic manner.
- Facilitate and structure Project Risk Reviews for Energy Calculations prior to presenting ROM or Final savings.
What we would like to see from you:
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook required; working knowledge of SharePoint preferred.
- Understanding of Energy Services Performance Contracting required.
- Industry calculation methods including degree-day method, bin method, hourly simulation, lighting, affinity laws, and electrical load and power calculations required.
- Previous Energy Auditor, Commissioning, HVAC design or building controls experience preferred.
- 2 (two) years of mechanical or electrical design experience preferred.
- CEM, PE, LEED, CPM professional designations preferred.
- Ability and willingness to travel regionally.
- Physical ability to navigate job sites in uneven terrain.
- Provide personal transportation for meetings and job visits away from the office; reimbursed.
The McKinstry group of companies are equal opportunity employers. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, race, color, creed, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to employment, advancement, assignment, and training.
McKinstry is committed to strengthening our diversity through recruiting and retaining minority and women professionals from all backgrounds. Our commitment is consistent with our recognition that it is the outstanding people within McKinstry who have always been the source of our strength. We recognize that promoting diversity is an integral component of our continuing quest for organizational excellence.
This commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity is made equally as a social responsibility and as an economic and business necessity.
Anyone with questions or concerns regarding Equal Employment Opportunity should contact their direct supervisor or the Human Resources Department without fear of retaliation of any kind.
Apply on company website