At McKinstry, we're proud to be a collective group of innovators and problem-solvers, builders and engineers, mentors, and students. We strive to create a safe and engaging work environment that empowers you to do the work you are passionate about.
We believe deeply that energy and facility services, engineering and construction are revolutionizing the built environment – and if you're driven by our mission to transform ideas into meaningful relationships and together, build a thriving planet, McKinstry may be the place for you. Serving our community together is one of the ways we at McKinstry put our shared purpose into action.
Total collaboration and a diverse, employee-centric work experience are what we can provide for you. Integrated delivery and true consultative partnership are what you will help us provide for our clients. Our culture is what differentiates us and because of this, we seek exceptional talent that believes what we believe.
Here's where you come in:
We are currently seeking an Energy Engineer to join the team as a member of our growing Energy Rocky division.
- Identifies, analyzes and quantifies viable Renewable Energy applications for new & existing commercial facilities.
- Generates conceptual designs for solar PV and energy storage systems that best meet customer needs, including preliminary layouts & capacity assessments, energy models, savings calculations and scope of work narratives.
- Accurately estimates ROM and Final budgets for Renewable Energy projects.
- Clearly and concisely communicates with project stakeholders, including internal project teams, customer representatives, utility personnel, external engineering partners, subcontractors and equipment vendors.
- Prepares internal project Risk Review documents for Renewable Energy project implementation and associated savings prior to ROM & Final presentations to customer.
- Supports the Energy Engineering Team in developing the best fit technical project approach and the Construction & Commissioning Teams to solve issues that arise during project implementation.
- Maintains subject matter expertise in PV, Energy Storage, Resiliency and pertinent building and energy codes including National Electric Code, International Fire Code, International Building Code.
- Contributes to the development and adoption of internal technical standards.
- Other duties, as assigned.
What we would like to see from you:
- Thorough understanding of energy modeling methods, associated parameters and software, including but not limited to, Helioscope, PVSyst, Energy Toolbase, and industry standard battery storage modeling platforms.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite - Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook required; working knowledge of SharePoint preferred.
- Four (4) year college level training in architecture, architectural engineering, environment/civil engineering, mechanical/electrical engineering or related field, or equivalent professional experience required.
- Two (2) years of energy performance contracting and/or consulting experience required; education may substitute for experience.
- Two (2) years of commercial & industrial or utility scale solar PV design, operations and/or project development experience preferred.
- NABCEP, OSHA 30 professional designations preferred. CEM, PE, EIT, LEED, CPM designations a plus.
- Proficiency at writing, reviewing, and editing technical documentation.
The McKinstry group of companies are equal opportunity employers. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, race, color, creed, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to employment, advancement, assignment, and training.
McKinstry is committed to strengthening our diversity through recruiting and retaining minority and women professionals from all backgrounds. Our commitment is consistent with our recognition that it is the outstanding people within McKinstry who have always been the source of our strength. We recognize that promoting diversity is an integral component of our continuing quest for organizational excellence.
This commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity is made equally as a social responsibility and as an economic and business necessity.
McKinstry is a drug-free workplace. Employment is contingent upon successfully passing a pre-employment drug and alcohol test, complying with the requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act and a Confidentiality Agreement, in addition to successful outcomes of background and reference checks.
Anyone with questions or concerns regarding Equal Employment Opportunity should contact their direct supervisor or the Human Resources Department without fear of retaliation of any kind.
Apply on company website