At McKinstry, we're proud to be a diverse and passionate group of innovators and problem-solvers, builders and engineers, mentors and students. We believe the world needs curious, forward-thinking, solutions-oriented people who want to make our planet better. We are committed to strengthening our diversity through recruiting, developing, and retaining professionals from all backgrounds, and we believe that promoting diversity, equity, and inclusivity is an integral component of our continuing quest To Build a Thriving Planet. If you are looking to leave a purposeful mark on the world, then McKinstry is the place for you.
Here's where you come in:
We are currently seeking an Estimator to join the team as a member of our growing Seattle Fire Protection division.
You're great at:
- Evaluates costs and constructability issues in preparing estimates.
- Ensures the accuracy of cost estimates.
- Develop project cost estimates based upon schematic and/or detailed descriptions of scope for various disciplines.
- Has ability to develop initial budgets and estimates with no engineering drawings or specifications.
- Performs subcontractor and vendor estimate reviews.
- Coordinates and performs duties and responsibilities such as lead generation, customer services and coordinating the start of a project.
- Develops requests for proposals for potential subcontractors and vendors.
- Responsible for discussions and meetings with subcontractors, vendors, architects, customers and management.
- Evaluates and communicates project risk.
- Identify and secure prospective business consistent with the company's strategy.
What we would like to see from you:
- Knowledge of building systems and applications required.
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical or construction related fields are required or equivalent work experience.
- Field experience in mechanical estimating is preferred.
- Intermediate knowledge of the Microsoft Suite, Word, Excel and Outlook required; working knowledge of SharePoint is preferred.
- Working knowledge of Trimble/QuickPen and/or Quotesoft estimating software and databases.
- Four (4) years of previous estimating experience required.
- Field experience in conceptual estimating is preferred.
The McKinstry group of companies are equal opportunity employers. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, race, color, creed, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to employment, advancement, assignment, and training. This commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity is made equally as a social responsibility and as an economic and business necessity.
McKinstry is a drug-free workplace. Employment is contingent upon successfully passing a pre-employment drug and alcohol test, complying with the requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act and a Confidentiality Agreement, in addition to successful outcomes of background and reference checks.
Applicants for this role will only be considered if they possess current US Work Authorization, and do not require employer-sponsored VISA support to begin or remain in this role.
Apply on company website