At McKinstry, we're proud to be a collective group of innovators and problem solvers, builders and engineers, mentors and students. We strive to create a safe and engaging work environment that empowers you to do the work you are passionate about.
We believe deeply that energy and facility services, engineering and construction are revolutionizing the built environment – and if you're driven by our mission to transform ideas into meaningful relationships and together, build a thriving planet, McKinstry may be the place for you. Serving our community together is one of the ways we at McKinstry put our shared purpose into action.
Total collaboration and a diverse, employee-centric work experience are what we can provide you. Integrated delivery and true consultative partnership is what you will help us provide for our clients. Our culture is what differentiates us and because of this, we seek exceptional talent that believes what we believe.
Here's where you come in:
We are currently seeking a Fire Protection Project Manager to join the team as a member of our growing Fire Protection division in our Spokane, WA location.
What you're great at:
- Takes responsibility for the development and implementation of a comprehensive construction plan involving the project team.
- Manages the development of projects. Includes the preparation and development of proposals, maintains satisfactory customer relationships, and partners with internal resources to ensure deliverables meet timelines and requirements.
- Ensures proper documentation and monitoring of the designated project.
- Creates and maintains network and hardcopy files as outlined in the Fire Protection Project Life Cycle Workbook.
- Prepares Job Start and Project Closeout materials.
- Reviews contracts, drawings, specifications, and other resources to answer questions in a timely manner.
- Ensures that all material and equipment is purchased in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Prepares or supervises the preparation of Submittals, Operation & Maintenance Manuals, Expediting Reports, Change Order Log, RFI log, Correspondence Log, etc.
- Submits billings, estimates to complete change order proposals and other cost related items in a timely manner, ensuring their accuracy.
- Creates a monthly billing breakdown and develops billing strategies.
- Generates an Estimate to Completion (ETC). Monitors progress towards goals to anticipate potential problems.
- Assesses any potential job cost impacts and prices, submits, negotiates and tracks all change order requests.
- Evaluates bid estimates, develops cost codes, establish definitive budgets, develop manpower plan with Superintendents, and monitor field labor progress.
- Assists with the completion of budgeting, resource planning, operational reports and invoicing.
- Develop project staffing plans to include labor, subcontractors, etc.
- Establishes and leads associated meetings.
- Develops, coordinates and manages the scope of work and contract for subcontractors.
- Coach and develop members of the project team.
- Mentor assigned project staff.
- Responds to questions raised by Field Foremen.
- Communicates effectively with General Contractor, Architect, Engineer and Owner, and represent McKinstry properly in outside meetings.
- Consults with department colleagues if necessary to resolve issues.
- Communicates with other departments (Engineering, Sales, Purchasing, Accounting, Warehouse, etc.) to successfully manage a project.
- Works with the Safety Director to create a Job Specific Safety Program.
- Assesses and communicates manpower needs to the dispatcher and superintendent if appropriate.
- Communicates the necessary information to Field Foremen.
What we'd like to see in you:
- Prior Fire Protection experience is required.
- Experience in project management or in the construction industry is preferred
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Visio required; working knowledge of SharePoint preferred.
- Ability and willingness to travel locally.
- Physical ability to navigate jobsites in uneven terrain.
- Ability to provide personal transportation for meetings and job visits away from the office; reimbursed.
The McKinstry group of companies are equal opportunity employers. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, race, color, creed, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to employment, advancement, assignment, and training.
McKinstry is committed to strengthening our diversity through recruiting and retaining minority and women professionals from all backgrounds. Our commitment is consistent with our recognition that it is the outstanding people within McKinstry who have always been the source of our strength. We recognize that promoting diversity is an integral component of our continuing quest for organizational excellence.
This commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity is made equally as a social responsibility and as an economic and business necessity.
McKinstry is a drug-free workplace. Employment is contingent upon successfully passing a pre-employment drug and alcohol test, complying with the requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act and a Confidentiality Agreement, in addition to successful outcomes of background and reference checks.
Anyone with questions or concerns regarding Equal Employment Opportunity should contact their direct supervisor or the Human Resources Department without fear of retaliation of any kind.
Apply on company website