At McKinstry, we're proud to be a diverse and passionate group of innovators and problem-solvers, builders and engineers, mentors, and students. We believe the world needs curious, forward-thinking, solutions-oriented people who want to make our planet better. We are committed to strengthening our diversity through recruiting, developing, and retaining professionals from all backgrounds, and we believe that promoting diversity, equity, and inclusivity is an integral component of our continuing quest To Build a Thriving Planet. If you are looking to leave a purposeful mark on the world, then McKinstry is the place for you.
Here's where you come in:
We are currently seeking a Lead Mechanical Design Engineer to join our team as a member of our Engineering and Design division. Engineers at McKinstry are unsurpassed in their ability to combine innovative problem solving with common sense design applications. Because of our design, build, operate, and maintain (DBOM) process, McKinstry engineers concern themselves not just with the construction of a building, but how it will operate over its entire lifetime. Every design choice is made toward one goal – delivering high-performance buildings that ensure occupant comfort and safety, keep energy/operating costs low, maximize client profitability, and protect the environment.
You're great at:
- Delegates specific design tasks to team members and manages project deliverables.
- Coordinates with internal design and construction teams.
- Identifies resource needs to meet project deadlines.
- Trains and mentors project engineers.
- Documents project correspondence, issues, decisions, and directions.
- Creates and promotes the use of existing standardized design tools.
- Manages the team's workload to deliver assigned projects on time and within the budget.
- Provides engineering analysis to support sales and early design efforts.
- Defines, communicates, and manages scope, design intent, and design process for direct supervisor review.
- Identifies and alerts to changes in scope, schedule, budget, or expectations.
- Demonstrates an understanding of overall project objectives and employs creative problem solving to achieve objectives within budget and resources.
- Proficient and able to coach/delegate mechanical systems design, including calculations, airside systems, piping systems, equipment selection, and multi-discipline coordination.
- Under the supervision of a Senior Engineer, the Lead Engineer performs, directs, and reviews engineering calculations, design, and drafting tasks.
- Directs and contributes to the production of design drawings and building information models for construction.
- Performs coordination with internal and external team members.
- Identifies opportunities for process and technology improvements.
- Investigates, evaluates, and troubleshoots existing systems.
- Presents options for design direction, system selection, energy conservation, and cost savings strategies.
- Attends regular design meetings with customers and external stakeholders.
- Represents McKinstry in the community.
- Enhances department and company reputation by participating in professional groups critical to the HVAC business.
What we would like to see from you:
- Must have demonstrated proficiency in all the responsibilities of a Project Engineer III.
- Bachelor's degree in an Engineering field is required.
- Eight (8) years of experience in engineering design or related field is preferred.
- Onsite construction experience considered and welcome.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Microsoft Teams required.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD and Revit required.
- Energy modeling experience preferred.
- Professional Engineer registration is required.
- LEED accreditation is preferred.
The McKinstry group of companies are equal opportunity employers. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, race, color, creed, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to employment, advancement, assignment, and training. This commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity is made equally as a social responsibility and as an economic and business necessity.
McKinstry is a drug-free workplace. Employment is contingent upon successfully passing a pre-employment drug and alcohol test, complying with the requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act and a Confidentiality Agreement, in addition to successful outcomes of background and reference checks.
Applicants for this role will only be considered if they possess current US Work Authorization, and do not require employer-sponsored VISA support to begin or remain in this role.
Apply on company website