At McKinstry, we're proud to be a diverse and passionate group of innovators and problem-solvers, builders and engineers, mentors, and students. We believe the world needs curious, forward-thinking, solutions-oriented people who want to make our planet better. We are committed to strengthening our diversity through recruiting, developing, and retaining professionals from all backgrounds, and we believe that promoting diversity, equity, and inclusivity is an integral component of our continuing quest To Build a Thriving Planet. If you are looking to leave a purposeful mark on the world, then McKinstry is the place for you.
Here's where you come in:
We are currently seeking a Lead Mechanical Design Engineer to join our team as a member of our Engineering and Design division. Engineers at McKinstry are unsurpassed in their ability to combine innovative problem solving with common sense design applications. Because of our design, build, operate, and maintain (DBOM) process, McKinstry engineers concern themselves not just with the construction of a building, but how it will operate over its entire lifetime. Every design choice is made toward one goal – delivering high-performance buildings that ensure occupant comfort and safety, keep energy/operating costs low, maximize client profitability, and protect the environment.
As a Lead Mechanical Design Engineer, you will:
- Manage team's work-load to deliver assigned projects on time and in budget
- Define, communicate, and manage scope, design intent, and design process for direct supervisor review
- Document project correspondence, issues decisions, and directions
- Follow engineering standards and procedures
- Contribute to task on multiple projects and timelines
You're great at:
- Mechanical systems design, including calculations, airside systems, piping systems, equipment selection, and multi-discipline coordination.
- Under the supervision of a Senior Engineer - performing, directing, and reviewing engineering calculations, design, and drafting tasks.
- Directing and contributing to the production of design drawings and building information models for construction.
- Performing coordination with internal and external team members.
- Identifying opportunities for process and technology improvements.
- Investigating, evaluating, and troubleshooting existing systems.
- Presenting options for design direction, system selection, energy conservation, and cost savings strategies.
What we would like to see from you:
- Bachelor's degree in an Engineering field
- Knowledge of AutoCAD and Revit
- Professional Engineer registration
- LEED accreditation is preferred
- Eight (8) years of experience in engineering design or related field is preferred
The McKinstry group of companies are equal opportunity employers. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, race, color, creed, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to employment, advancement, assignment, and training. This commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity is made equally as a social responsibility and as an economic and business necessity.
McKinstry is a drug-free workplace. Employment is contingent upon successfully passing a pre-employment drug and alcohol test, complying with the requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act and a Confidentiality Agreement, in addition to successful outcomes of background and reference checks.
Applicants for this role will only be considered if they possess current US Work Authorization, and do not require employer-sponsored VISA support to begin or remain in this role.
Apply on company website