At McKinstry, we're proud to be a collective group of innovators and problem solvers, builders and engineers, mentors and students. We strive to create a safe and engaging work environment that empowers you to do the work you are passionate about.
We believe deeply that energy and facility services, engineering and construction are revolutionizing the built environment – and if you're driven by our mission to transform ideas into meaningful relationships and together, build a thriving planet, McKinstry may be the place for you. Serving our community together is one of the ways we at McKinstry put our shared purpose into action.
Total collaboration and a diverse, employee-centric work experience are what we can provide you. Integrated delivery and true consultative partnership is what you will help us provide for our clients. Our culture is what differentiates us and because of this, we seek exceptional talent that believes what we believe.
Here's where you come in:
We are currently seeking a Mechanical Design Engineer to join our growing Energy division in Spokane, WA.
What you're great at:
- Documenting project correspondence, issues, decisions, and directions.
- Defining, communicating, and managing scope, design intent and design process for direct supervisor review.
- Responding to and negotiates deadlines given by internal and external clients.
- Using independent judgment to apply, maintain, and enforce current Revit/AutoCAD standards.
- Proposing recommendations to optimize energy efficiency including:
- Control strategies
- Equipment replacement
- System modifications
- Implementation of innovative technologies.
- Self-performing and directing resources designing and modeling in reference to Revit or AutoCAD.
- Supporting sales efforts by providing engineering analysis and developing schematic level designs.
- Investigating, evaluating and troubleshooting existing system operations.
- Confirming and documenting existing site conditions including existing comfort and maintenance issues and foreseeing potential future issues based on previous projects.
- Providing a variety of system designs that might include air, hydronic, lighting, piping, plumbing, sheet metal, architectural, electrical power, lighting and data telecom systems.
- Performing design calculations as applicable to design field: mechanical, plumbing, electrical, structural or architectural.
- Accurately completing load calculations or successfully supervises the development of an accurate load calculation by others.
- Editing, authoring, and negotiating design specifications.
- Authoring and editing controls description of operation.
- Predicting hours to complete design tasks and identifying in advance the need for additional staff to complete design work on schedule.
- Frequently reviewing design with sales and estimating to ensure project is within budget/ VE ideas have been explored.
- Responsible for the design start of new projects.
- Performing AutoCAD, Revit and manual drafting tasks as assigned.
- Performing preliminary design field surveys for potential projects.
- Consistently applying, maintaining, and enforcing current design standards.
- Running MEP coordination (field clash detection) meetings.
- Coordinating with design teams on structural architectural, civil and electrical.
- Completing designs with a level of quality in the design documents that leads to a minimum amount of clarification required during construction.
- Identifying to Senior Design Engineer any changes that affect budgets.
- Performing and reviewing energy modelling calculations.
- Reviewing design work of others.
What we'd like you to have:
- BIM/CAD proficiency, Revit experience preferred
- 5-7 year of building mechanical systems
- Facilities management experience a plus
- WA PE or EIT preferred
- Enjoy team oriented work
- Have client facing experience
Our company culture includes a robust mix of sound business practices and employee initiatives that promote personal and professional development, work/life balance, health and wellness and community involvement.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer. We believe every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, ancestry, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, or Veteran or military status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by local, state or federal law in the relevant jurisdiction. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to employment, advancement, assignment and training.
McKinstry is committed to strengthening our diversity through recruiting and retaining minority and women professionals from all backgrounds. Our commitment is consistent with our recognition that it is the outstanding people within McKinstry who have always been the source of our strength. We recognize that promoting diversity is an integral component of our continuing quest for organizational excellence.
This commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity is made equally as a social responsibility and as an economic and business necessity.
Anyone with questions or concerns regarding Equal Employment Opportunity should contact their direct supervisor or the Human Resources Department without fear of retaliation of any kind.
Apply on company website